Chapter 2: A Heist

"Should I try to hide, the way I feel inside, my heart, for you?" his voice slightly echoed in the empty alleyway of the building that the Bunny Brothers are targeting for burglary. Johnny was left to be on the look out, and what better way to pass the time than to sing to his soul's content where no one will see him as vulnerable. "Would you say that you, would try to love me too? In your mind, could you ever be, really close to me? I can tell the way you smile--"

It's a rather nostalgic song that he always wanted to remember, a thin thread of what is left to his hope of ever seeing her again. Crystal, a name and the face of the girl he had let go of. If it weren't for the circumstances they're in, they would've still been together, and she by his side. They've lived in a short moment of dreams and ideals, it was a blissful memory to him, but still lingered with bitterness in the end. For all he know, she still despises him for that day up to the present, "If I feel that I, could be certain, then I would say the things, I want to say to--" the static sound of the radio causes him to go silent.

He checks around the corner and sees two police officers coming to his direction. Luckily, Johnny hid himself behind the wall before they pass through. The guys didn't see anything of funny business around the alleyway, but one of them stops in suspicion. "Thought I heard some singing here..." the cop immediately shrugs it off, "Meh, whatever."

Just as he could let go a sigh of relief, the alarm breaks out from the building. Johnny gets his radio transceiver in a panic, "Guys, listen—Stay where you are. The cops are in—"

Glass shatters from above him and out came two gorilla men in bunny mask with a large bag hanging on their shoulders. As expected, the police comes back and sees the two. That's when they started running to their vehicle.

'I've messed up big time,' he thought. The burglars speeds up through the cops, who surprisingly hasn't noticed him up until Johnny started running to the pick up truck to catch up to them.

One of them reaches out to him and roughly pulls him up to the rear, "Johnny, you were supposed to be keeping on look out!" he shouted.

"S-Sorry, dad," his shoulder ached a bit from the tug, but he had better things to worry about.

"And where's your mask?!"

'Shoot,' he had totally forgotten about that. If they had seen him earlier, he would've never had a normal image to show to society anymore. Johnny pulls out the bunny mask from his pocket and wore it. The chase went on with the 2 police cars at their tail. The traffic jam out front was an advantage to them, so the driver went ahead and swiveled his way through the cars and pavements. After multiple casualties from here and there, Johnny's father looked back and saw that the two cars had been blocked out by traffic.

"Boy, that was close!" one of the gang members inside the truck laughed out loud.

And before they can celebrate their victorious heist, the sound of sirens coming from the left catches their attention. A motorcycle is riding out of the alleyway with two big bags behind his and drifts to the side as it got to the main road using only one hand to steer. 1....2...3...4....5 police cars got out the alleyway to chase the rider. The Bunny Brothers gang stared as they drove a few distance away from the motorcycle rider.

The back of their jacket revealed a symbol printed in red and yellow. RS, which stands for Riot Starters. Johnny's father grunted and sat down, removing the mask before the cops could notice them. The others did the same and finally drove at the same pace as the other cars so that they can remove the blue outfit.

Johnny's eyes followed the vehicles that dashed off to the front, then hears more engines roaring near. He turns around and sees 4 other motorcycles zoom into the traffic. One in particular rider is obviously a female, so his heart couldn't stop beating in the thought of the possibility that it's her.

"Johnny," the voice of his dad startles him out of trance, "Once you've been given an assignment, all you need to do is do it right. Got it?"

"Yes, dad..." he looks down in shame of letting his father down. Johnny tried to glance back to the other Riot Starters, but they had already passed them by.

"Lead the other one to the right!" says Brian. Two of the riders separates from them to do the job. He then looks at Crystal and signals her to shoot the tires. Her accuracy on a moving target makes her the main shooter on the team, in this case however, it was just because the plan A had failed.

The planned exit in the sewers led the men to a street where there is a cop parked uninvited. Therefore, plan B started as making Aeon the decoy of the operation while the other two go back to the building to find the other exit where their motorcycles where parked just in case.

Crystal, who was put on stand by on the near block, was noted on the execution of plan B when Aeon rode out of the alleyway about two blocks across her. She didn't want to be a part of any of this, as usual, as her grades where already failing in school, but her dad's orders are an absolute rule. Now here she is, shooting down a back tire of a police car.

Not too long before it resulted to a shoot out with the cops vs. Riot Starters on the road, Aeon had long since squeezed himself in the corner buildings and let the others take care of the problem. Crystal dashes past the same alleyway and comes to a screeching halt when she almost drove to a river, or more like a large sewer. The guy's motorcycle hadn't gotten that far, and it seemingly slowed down as he saw her through the side mirrors.

She starts the engine and drove towards him, "Close call?"

"Yeah. Almost got me sh***ing in my pants," he laughs, although it was just a lame joke in an attempt to make her laugh, which fails as always.

"Toss the other bag here."

"No way, it's way too heavy for you, babe."

Crystal rolled her eyes from inside the helmet, "How many times do I have to remind you never to call me that?"

"Come on, lighten up! It's another successful heist that took us three hours, and more importantly, we'll get a lot of share as well since.... you know.... they want us to move out and—"

"Not now, Aeon," she says and drives faster, leaving his words hanging on the air.

He sighs and adjusts the two bags on his shoulders, following her down the narrow street towards the path to the Riot Starters' hideout.