Chapter 25: Acceptance

The song below is too underrated😭 It's Towr's song called "Porcelain"
I saw this song from another book in wattpad and instantly fell in love with it. I hope you liked it as much as I do❤️
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The sweet strumming of guitar send shivers down his spine, the tingling sensation of her hand on his made him courageous enough to stand and be up front with her. In his next move, his eyes stared adoringly to her, still holding her hand in his with a loosened grip.

"Can I invite you to dance with me?" he asks.

His eyes shone with orange glow from the street lamps and kiosks, making his features as soft as his spoken words. It's like her soul was getting pulled in with the rhythm, and before she could argue otherwise, her feet already followed him to the spacious plaza.

"Look up, darling. Look, the sky has turned to gold..."

His hand gently hovered over her form, taking one deep breath to get into position. His left on her waist and right guiding her left hand, and for the first time since he learned waltz from the young woman, Johnny led their moves in graceful steps.

"As you dreamt in porcelain, the sun went down... and there's a heart on the ground."

A kid pointed towards them, grabbing the attention of many others, this formed a growing crowd around the band and the couple waltzing in the middle of the plaza.

"Take me to that hidden place."

Johnny felt her responding to the flow, and is now currently changing the pace to the beat. He gained momentum as well, trying to catch up to her as best as he could. And even that was enough for Crystal.

"Promise me the glass will break."

The singers on the stage, smiled in delight, looking proudly towards each other. Their wedding rings glimmered under the stage lights, this has been the first performance since their wedding, and they hoped that their song would reach the hearts of another, to guide them into happily ever after as it did for them.

"Fragility..."

Their moves slowed in a stand by, holding each other close.

"—is a gift that we... don't see. Brought to life by the storms that wreck... the sea."

'So it's come to this,' Crystal held a genuine smile, finally enjoying herself, freeing her soul from restraint. She took both his hands, guiding him around as the rhythm picked up once more.

"Days revolving... on a spinning stilt that we can't reach.."

Johnny felt his own emotion fly free, synchronizing with every step she takes. She accepted him, finally. He could feel it within her eyes and most adoring captivating smile the he would've loved to see each day.

"And phones, they ring. Bringing lovers to their knees...

His hand tightens around her waist, not wanting to let this moment end. She can see that, and it was as mutual to his without any words spoken in between.

"..and their questioning."

He spins her around, catching her and pulling her close to him once more.

"Take me to that hidden place."

The crowd clapped along the beat, some even joining them in their waltz at their own pace. Finally, love has spread through the air, a goal achieved by those on stage, giving them a much needed contentment.

"Promise me the glass will break."

Johnny and Crystal were the center of it all, they were the beacon, the main event of this little show. With everything ignored, the two felt it was only them in the world, without any crowd, without the cheers and excitement. Just them, and their own souls dancing to their hearts content.

"Take me to that hidden place."

She spun around him, over him, holding his hands in hers and back again. Her problems all faded into a blank slate, and no other person to thank but this guy whom she had qualms with until earlier.

"Promise me the glass will break."

Johnny lifted her up, holding her tightly, savoring the moment of tenderness from their lost spark that had been ignited once again.

"Fragility... is a gift that we don't see."

Their eyes locked to each others, looking past the pain of their previous mistakes....

"Brought to life... by the storms that wrecked.. the sea...."

... to learn and love one another.

Johnny sets her down and dances with her until the end of the song, which the couple on stage thankfully extended for everyone. That was the best day of their life, and no doubt won't be the only best day to come forth after this is over.

Johnny drove them to the RS' hiding place, using the van she borrowed from Aeon which they even fought about earlier. His chivalry shows as he insisted over and over to drive her home, in the end, Crystal didn't mind as her adrenaline still pumped through her veins.

They stayed seated for a good minute, not wanting this day to end so quickly. She was the first to break the thin ice between them, "Uhm... A-Aren't you gonna come out?"

"And you?" he mutters back, his mind still back on cloud nine.

"It's my ride," she cackles.

Johnny chuckles, scratching his cheek, "Oh... right. Ha ha." It was nerve wracking. His whole body urges him to take a step further, to hold her hand, or hug her, or finally kiss her as he did so before, but Johnny wouldn't want to risk her running away from him, not now that he had finally gotten this close to her again. "I...."

Crystal glances at him, waiting for his next words.

He thought it was ridiculous, but his mouth already moved to get it all out of his nerves, "I... know a great place nearby, they serve great bread sticks and pasta."

"Are you serious?" she laughs. After a bit of consideration, Crystal nodded with a shrug, even if it was just a way to start another one of his small talks, "Sure. I feel like craving for bread sticks."

"Tomorrow, then?"

She stares at him, keeping one of her straight faces that made every man shudder. Johnny lost his composure, even to this day, he still felt subdued by a single cold glance coming from her. She slowly regained a smile, a taunting one at that, "Don't get used to it."

He releases a sigh, shaking his head. Johnny took that as a sign to leave, having spent enough time to look forward for another day of seeing her again. He holds his skateboard tightly under his arm and bends down to the window, waving at her a little. Crystal shakes her head, moving to the driver's seat and winks at him, taking the wheels to park the car inside.

This surely was successful date, he thought to himself. His face has love struck written all over, anyone who'd see him can point that out very quickly. His head tilts up to the third floor of the seemingly abandoned building, seeing a pair of eyes already looking down at him.

Aeon gazed at him, emotionless—but it doesn't give off any menacing vibe at all. Johnny waited to see if he has anything to say, but after a few more seconds of staring, he figured that there weren't anything to be discussed and nodded towards him, dropping his skateboard to go back home.