Chapter 4

[Y/n's pov] :

"Can you please do me a favor? I'm struggling with this dress..can you please zip me up?", I asked, biting on my lower lips as I pulled my hair off my shoulders. But to my surprise no one responded. I was waiting for someone to say a yes or a no but I didn't get any answer in return. I pulled my brows together as I looked to the ground in confusion.

After a moment of silence. "Are you there..?"I asked again and the curtain was pushed away a bit and a hand reached for my zipper,"let me help", this is..I quickly looked up at the mirror that was placed in front of me in shock just to look at the person I was not expecting standing behind me helping me with the zipper.

"Y-You..", I stuttered as I tried to move but he held me by my arm. "Stay still..I'm just..", he paused and looked away as his eyes met mine through the mirror. "..I'm just helping you", saying that he slowly pulled the zipper of the dress up. And a telltale shade of red spread across my cheeks as I lowered my gaze.

"Done", Taehyung glanced at my reflection in the mirror for the last time before walking away. I looked back slightly as I watched him leave.

[End of pov]

Everyone was silently waiting for you to arrive until....

Few minutes later :

[Jungkook's pov] :

I raised my gaze at the footsteps sound just to see y/n walking into the room, her high heels clicking across the marble floor. She looked..breathtaking in her white dress. I could see the way she glowed.

For a moment, I lost it..I couldn't take my eyes off her. I couldn't help but stare at her. I was mesmerized. I was about to take a step ahead until..

"Mrs. Kim looks so dazzling", the manager said, making me snap back to reality. I took my eyes off her as I noticed Taehyung slowly getting up from his seat and heading towards her. "Not bad", he says looking at her. I quickly look away as reality hits me hard like a truck.

[End of pov]

[Taehyung's pov] :

"Not bad", I said in a low voice as I cleared my throat, trying to act all normal. But..for some unknown reason my heart just skipped a beat. I've..never felt this way before..what is this feeling..?

She looked up at me and mumbled,"uhm..is this okay?". "Mhm", I hummed as I fixed my tie.

[End of pov]

An hour later : Kim paradise :

You walked into the party with Taehyung and Jungkook by your side. This whole time you could feel all the gazes lingering on you. You were looking totally breathtaking tonight, no woman in the party was able to compete with you..not at least tonight.

But..what's the use of being so beautiful..? When you were a total mess inside..?

"Young master Kim", a familiar voice grabbed your attention as you looked up and your eyes widened at the sight of the man. It was..your dad. You were trying to stay as calm as possible. Whenever this man shows up in front of you, you automatically start trembling.

The way he has treated you and your sister all your life can explain the reason behind why your body acts on its own in his presence. Your heart poundered beneath your chest. You trembled and felt terrible pain as if someone had hit you in the stomach.

Jungkook who was standing beside you noticed that and without catching anyone's eyes he interlocked his fingers with your tightly. Trying to make sure you know he is there for you. You quickly looked up at him in surprise. But this time he didn't ignore you nor did he let go of your hand.