Chapter 21

"T-T-Taehyung...", his name escaped my lips as soon as I saw the man sitting right in front of me giving me a somewhat confused look. I couldn't believe my own eyes, it was my taehyung..H-He is alive...H-He is right in front of me.

I couldn't stop the tears which were already rolling down my cheeks. The more I looked at him the more tears would slip down my eyes. "T-Taehyung", I took it a step further. His brows crashed together as soon as I called out his name again. He had an unreadable look on his face, I couldn't tell nor assume what he was even thinking.

But all I cared about at the moment was him...I wanted to touch him...feel his warmth once again..his touch which I'd been craving for the last 5 years. I still couldn't make myself believe that it was taehyung...he is standing right in front of me...Alive.

Taking small steps I approached him. With every step, my heart was thumping. If this is a dream....I wish to never wake up again...let me just stay in this dream forever...

I was about to take another step forward toward him until he stood up in his place making me stop in my tracks. The next thing that I noticed was he had already started walking in my direction with his dark black eyes stuck on me.

He had a straight look on his face the whole time. He stood a few inches away from me and finally a few words left his lips "Woman, who are you?" which left me with nothing but just shock and a pang in my chest....I never expected this...did he just ask me...w-who, I am?

I was lost for words as I froze in my place. Those eyes of his....the eyes which used to be full of love when he looked at me are now filled with nothing but emptiness and darkness. They are the same pair of eyes that I first looked into on our wedding night...that coldness in his eyes, that intense look on his face...it's the same.

"I asked you something", he cocked his head a bit to the side as he questioned me again. It didn't seem like he was joking when he asked who I was. "Y-You...d-don't remember me...?", I asked in almost a whisper.

He raised an eyebrow and continued with a straight face, "Are you a stalker?", he paused for a moment as I looked up at him in shock after hearing that as he continued again, "Looking at you it doesn't seem like you're that kind of a woman", he now looked me in the eyes.

This can't be my taehyung....if he was, he would have never raised a question to me about who I was...I thought to myself as I looked at him but how..? How come he looks the same as taehyung...how?

I decided to not cause any problems and get out of there first. "I'm sorry...I think I mistook you for someone else", I slightly bowed and slowly turned around to take my leave until he spoke up again and this time it felt as if someone suddenly pulled the ground from beneath my legs.

"Why were you addressing me by my first name?" His first name....t-taehyung....does that mean...he...he is T-Taehyung. I quickly turned around to face him. "Are you taehyung?", I asked as my eyes started tearing up all over again.

"Stop", he gave me a cold glare and soon signaled both of his guards to get out of the room making them nod in agreement and follow his order and hurry out leaving just me and taehyung alone in the whole room.

I looked up at him in complete shock as he moved closer to me. I couldn't understand a thing if this is taehyung then why is he denying to recognize me? Why is he giving me the cold shoulder? Why is he treating me like a....stranger?

I was so into my thoughts that I didn't even realize that he was already standing this close to me. The distance between us two eventually disappeared. Placing a finger under my chin, tilting it up so that I'm forced to look him in the eyes he continues, "What makes you think you can call me by my first name?", he scoffs.