Chapter 28

Unknowingly, my hand starts to approach upward towards his face but I stop midway as my eyes spot Jungkook who is standing a distance away from us throwing warning glances at me.

I quickly looked back at Taehyung who was standing in front of me with watery eyes. Sweat poured from my forehead and moistened my palms.

"Just once y/n...be true to yourself...Just once", Taehyung stuttered while slowly, taking my hand in his and continued, "P-Please".

True to myself...? A thought crossed my mind. I wiped my cheeks with my fingers, but new tears tumbled down before I could mop the old ones away. I need to say....I can't lose this chance...he should know this time...at least.

"T-Taehyung, I-I...l-love y-", and before I could utter any word further I stopped as my eyes caught the sight of Jungkook who slowly opened the cabinet and took out a pocket pistol from it.

Seeing that a bullet of panic raised in my throat. "Y/n..?"Taehyung called out, grabbing my attention and making me look back at him.

"T-Taehyung...I...", my heart was hammering in my chest.

"Taehyung...I...want to say...", my eyes went to Jungkook whose eyes were filled with darkness as he looked back at me. I swallowed hard.

"Ask him to leave. RIGHT. NOW", Jungkook mouthed to me as I froze in silence.

"Y/n, finish what you were about to say", taehyung's grip tightened as my eyes shifted toward him.

To my absolute horror, my eyes grew hot, the tears welling up so quickly that it was impossible to blink them away. I need to get him out first....I need to make sure he is safe first....I glance at Jungkook and I can tell he is no longer kidding.

"Taehyung, I don't love you. I-I never loved you", While saying each of those words it felt as if an arrow went through my heart. Hearing that, Taehyung's eyebrows darkened with worry.

"Don't lie", he said, making me look up at him with my red swollen eyes, "I am not lying so please leave", I somehow managed to let those words out.

I need courage...I need to be brave.

"You're lying, y/n", he said and I lowered my gaze.

Yes, I am. I am lying, taehyung. I fucking love you. I can't live without you. You are my everything.

Tears never stopped, "Leave", I uttered.

"why?! Why would you ask me to leave? Y/n, I know you love me. I know you do so drop this act", he grabbed my arm as his hold tightened.

"I don't love you" when my words finally sink in, he bites his bottom lips with a small nod. I could see the frustration in the veins that were raised in his neck.

I could feel that familiar twinge of guilt creeping inside my chest. I am sorry...taehyung...but please bear it for now...please.

- [Taehyung's pov] :

She said she doesn't love me. She was asking me to leave but those eyes of hers were saying something else.....either she or her eyes were lying.

"Taehyung, leave now P-Please...", she whispered as hot tears streamed down from both the ends of her eyes.

Looking at her it felt as if it was not something she wanted to say. As if she was trying to tell me something but...what? Her words and her actions were not matching at all. She was desperate to see me leave this place as if something was not right.

"Leave", she whispered in almost an inaudible tone and handed me a crumpled paper ball before pushing me away from her.

I couldn't understand what was going on but I decided to follow whatever she asked me to do. Something was surely wrong.