Chapter 22

"I never did that...I never ditched him...I planned on coming back...i-i was gonna..c-come back..", my words broke up and all I could say were stuttering sounds. Hot tears streamed down my face, as I squeezed my eyelids shut in the hope my tears would stop.

Only I know a life without him has been so hard...every second, every minute, every hour that I spent was in the hope that someday I'll get to meet him again. Now that I've seen him again..he doesn't even remember me... He forgot about me.

"I didn't lie when I said that I'm your well-wisher. I don't know if what I did was right or wrong but...all I know is as long as he is safe...it's right", Yuna said, making me slowly look back at her.

My choppy breathing and watery eyes remained for some time, as I stood there unmoved.

"Was this the reason why your marriage was canceled-", I finally asked after a long moment of silence. I couldn't help but ask her. I know I must be a fool for asking this...she possibly can't do such a thing but ...." yes", her response made me go silent.

"ha-haha..so everything was just a lie to begin with?", a bittersweet laugh escaped my lips. It hurts...it hurts every time....my trust along with my feelings is shattered into small tiny pieces by someone I never thought would ever do such a thing...

She didn't utter a word as she lowered her gaze. For a few minutes, there was an absolute silence between us until she spoke up again, "I should get going", just with that she turned around to take her to leave and started walking. She was about to take another step forward but stopped midway and tilted her head a bit backward and said, "I hope you remember my words. Don't show up in front of him again", and took her to leave.

Never show up in front of him again..? Even after knowing that it's my taehyung? So.....cruel.

Life has always been cruel to me. I guess I meant that...I am meant to stay alone my whole life. Every person that ends up coming into my life has never been happy...neither have I ever been happier before. Maybe I just don't deserve...love.

#timeskip: night :

Standing at the rail, looking down at the river, clutching my arms against my body. The pain I was trying so hard to run away from finally made me realize that it's not that easy.

Body scars can heal but what about those deep scars on the heart...? They can't be healed...can never be. All my life this pain has always been with me. How can get rid of it....what can I do?

It's awfully hard...I could feel my throat closing up as tears streamed down my cheeks. Will it be okay...if I just end it? It won't hurt anymore that way...will it? Maybe all my scars will be healed...what else can I ever wish for other than this? I closed my eyes shut as a drop of warm tears rolled down my cheek.

- flashbacks -

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU AND YOUR SISTER THAT YOU SHOULD NEVER PROVOKE ME?!" "Dad, stop please...please open the door!! dad!!"I could hear Ella's screams from outside the door. She kept on banging on the door loudly hoping someone might open the door.

I tried my best to hold back the screams which were about to escape my lips with each hit on my back. All I could think of was Ella at such a moment ...she shouldn't hear it...I don't want to make her cry anymore...I used to muffle my screams by covering my mouth every time...

I could hear her begging every time!! PLEASE!! I AM BEGGING YOU PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR!!".

A bittersweet smile appeared on my lips as memories started hitting me back to back like a truck. This was my life...until he appeared in my life.