| Chapter Thirteen |

| 1

| 1.14 |

• • • • • • • •

"That woman has not stopped looking over here, Ross." Anna said ripping open a packet of sugar to pour into her cup of coffee.

"I'm telling you, Ross, she wants you." Joey said as Ross contemplated talking to the woman he knew from his building.

"She barely knows me. We just live in the same building." Ross said casually.

"Any contact?" Chandler asked his friend.

"She lent me an egg once." Ross said which he got a happy response from.

"You're in." Joey said as Ross shook his head.

"Oh, yeah, right." Ross said looking at Anna. "Are they right?"

"I mean– she's definitely trying to get your attention.. I think she probably does like you." Anna said as Ross looked at the woman sitting at the counter. "Plus she's dressed very beautifully."

"Hey, Ross." The woman suddenly said.

"Hey." Ross's voice cracked as he struggled to greet the woman before he stood up and walked further away from the woman.

"Come on, Ross. You gotta get back in the game here." Chandler said following his friend. "The Rachel thing's not happening, your ex-wife's a lesbian, you...I don't think we need a third."

Joey leaned over to a waitress. "Excuse me. Could we get an egg over here, still in the shell– thanks?"

"An egg?" Ross asked confused by the weird request.

"Yeah. Go up to her and say, "Here's your egg back. I'm returning your egg. " Joey said as Ross scoffed at his plan.

"I think it's winning." Chandler said looking at Ross who sighed.

"I think it's insane!" Ross said shaking his head.

"She'll love it." Chandler said as he moved over to Anna. "Anna, here's your cookie back."

"Oh, thanks Chandler." Anna said with a smile.

"See, it's bound to make her smile." Chandler told Ross.

"I guess I can give it a shot." Ross said grabbing the egg and walking over to the woman.

"You think it'll actually work?" Anna asked looking at both Joey and Chandler.