𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 3

♪ If you don't end it, when it's over
Could you leave me, leave me lonely? ♪

Sofia Morales POV

I should've thought about this better but when Juan told me he was thinking of transferring me I was fuming. I thought he had let it go, I know I did. We never ended, when he got the video of me and Miguel he just blocked me everywhere. I lost it all. My mom slapped me, my dad made me leave the house for good and my brother couldn't even look at me. His family that I considered mine since I was born, now hates me, I know it.

Now I have myself. I did my best at this job, I only got it because I had been accepted for an internship before it all happened. His dad told me he would fire me if I made a mistake. Both our parents made sure I was blacklisted everywhere. Only Miguel would take me in and I wasn't going to work for him or they would make him regret it, they were too powerful.

The Sainz empire was powerful, it was cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals, they had recently entered the real state business, they were everywhere really. My parents own a distribution company that works for the Sainz empire, it all makes sense.

"Are you okay? You look really out of yourself today" Amelia says worriedly an hour after I got back from Carlos' office.

"I am just fine. I have a big hiring to do. We can talk when the day ends" I say and she smiles satisfied with my answer. She was my closest friend here, she got here a year after me, and she is great.

The work day ended and I went to my car. As I was getting ready to open it I hear a familiar voice calling me. Blanca.

"Can we have a quick talk?" She asks and I nod, leaning against my car. "Stay away from him. He doesn't need you. He got over it and you have no right to try to go back"

"I don't want to go back, thank you very much" I start to turn around to open the door but she goes on.

"I adored you. I saw you as my little sister. You cheated on him and you betrayed all of us who treated you like family. I am not one for revenge but if you get close to him, I will tell my dad to use everything he can. You have done too much damage to him" She says and I saw the anger, disgust, and disappointment on her face. A mix I never thought I would see.

"I'm not quitting my job but I will keep my distance" I say and she walks off. I get in my car and take a deep breath. Tears fill my eyes but I calm down before driving off. Why is this happening? I knew he would be back someday, but why now?

I went home and I couldn't eat. I really couldn't. I felt sick. I went to work the next day with an empty stomach but I felt less nauseated than when I tried to eat. Juan sees me and smiles.

"Are you alright? We have the meeting with the board today about the new round of hirings" He says and I nod.

"I have everything ready, but wasn't it supposed to be on Monday?" I ask confusedly.

"The CEO wanted it today" He says and I nod.

Only 3 of us went to the meeting. Me, Juan and Amelia. She would help with distributing the papers for our plans for the next hirings and help with the slideshow. Juan would do most of the talking, I was his backup in case of any doubt. As soon as we enter we see everyone from the board was there. His family and my family. Mental games at 10 AM? That is a bit unfair.

"But why is it a necessity three rounds of hirings over a month? Can't you all do it in a week?" Carlos' dad asks and Juan was almost sweating, there were too many questions being made, they wanted to wear us down and I haven't spoken a word. They knew that as soon as Juan was in panic he would look at me to talk.

"As I've explained before, we need to do it with attention to details, if we go too fast it can lead to mistakes and-" He is cut off by his mother.

"Can you explain it then Sofia?" Reyes asks after interrupting him, Juan looks at me and I nod getting up.

"The positions we are hiring for request a lot of experience, we need time to call the previous job and to make two interviews so a month is very reasonable for the 40 hirings we need to do. We have 400 curriculums to see and more will get in as we advance. The 10 hirings a week are completely reasonable and the time frame we are asking for is the same as we have asked for other hirings in the last years" I say and they nod.

"We can accept it" Carlos says and I sit down again looking at my papers. I just wanted to be anywhere but here, I felt their eyes on me and I hated it.

The meeting ended and we all got up waiting for permission to leave when I see my phone light up. It had no sound but I looked at it and I see everyone doing the same. Miguel's picture and name appeared and I just turned it around and pretended nothing happened. If looks could kill I would be dead 8 times right now.

"You can go, thank you for the great work" Carlos says and Juan goes ahead, I follow him and Amelia follows me as we leave the room.

"Who was calling? That looked a lot like Miguel López. He is almost as cute as our CEO" Amelia says completely gushing and I gulp nervously.

"We are acquaintances, I need to take this call. You can go ahead" I say and they nod. I go to the main floor and go outside to pick up the call. What can he possibly need to be calling me on my working hours?