𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 32

♪ I don't wanna go, think I'll make it worse
Everything I know brings me back to us ♪

Sofia Morales POV

The time for walking through Mallorca has come and it's way less hot than it was during the afternoon. We got tanned and we talked a bunch before joining our parents while they played cards. I was walking normally until I felt dizzy, maybe being so much time in the sun wasn't a good idea. I felt lightheaded, I need to eat something and I need to be out of the sun for a while.

"What?" Carlos asks as I hold into his hand for balance, he was obviously worried but I had no chance. He was the closest person, he made it a point to always be by my side.

"I feel a bit dizzy. I should've bought a hat. I will sit down and eat something while you keep going" I say looking around and pointing to the closest restaurant.

"That is not going to happen. Mom, go sit down with her, ask for some drinks and appetizers while I go and buy her a hat for her to use for the next few days" He says as he waits for his mom to hold my hand.

"No. You can keep going, I am fine, it was just too much sun" I insist feeling guilty for ruining the plans.

"Things will be here for the next few days, don't worry, we will see it tomorrow" My mom says as she gives me a comforting smile.

"I am actually hungry too, so much time in the sun was a bad idea" Ana says as everyone basically heads to the restaurant I pointed at.

We got in, and ordered drinks and appetizers, Carlos quickly showed up and gave me the hat which I thanked him for as he sat by my side.

"Thank you" I whisper once again and he shakes his head as he takes a sip of his drink.

"Do you feel better or do I have to call in a helicopter to take us to Madrid so you can see your doctor?" He asks seriously and I laugh.

"There is no need for that to happen. Even your sister was feeling some effect of the sun" I say calmly as he gave me a slight smile.

"I hope you are not underplaying it. I will make you see a doctor if I see anything that makes me think you are sick" He warns me as the waiter comes and takes our food order.

"This feels so good. Having the whole family back is something I thought would never happen. We are not deserving of this" Carlos' dad says and I give him a sympathetic smile.

"I mean, as I said I won't forget what happened but I choose to forgive you because you are my family and I have felt better since I had you all back into my life again. Mentally especially, I was rather lonely" I explain calmly and he smiles back.

"I love you and I applaud you for trying to forgive us, this will always be over our heads and we deserve it. We were worse than him and that has no excuse, you deserved better and I won't ever take our time together for granted" He says as I see the fear in his eyes. Is he scared our peace could be bothered with? Because I am. Nothing good lasts forever.

"Let's not bring negative things to the table. We are happy, we are moving on and we are vacationing. Let's be happy, I want no negativity in my life now" I try to lighten up the mood and it's enough for my brother to move the conversation in another direction.

The dinner was great and I found myself leaning in Carlos' direction, I held his hand and I kept talking to people until I heard a quick silence and saw everyone looking at both of us. At this point, I could've been in Carlos' lap and it is my fault. I was a little too comfortable, it felt so natural and normal that my body seemed to forget we weren't together. Hooking up, sleeping together, and almost going back to living together was not good.

"Is there anything we should know of?" My mom asks surprisedly.

"No, I am just comfortable. Most people were to our right so I kind of leaned it while we talked after eating" I try to make an excuse and I hear Carlos' muffled laugh.

"I am going to pay, you can go ahead" Carlos says while he still laughed and I roll my eyes. Thank you for being so obvious.

As we walked we decided to look around the nearest places we wanted to see while we talked. I felt Carlos' hand on mine while my mind was going all over the place once I remember our trip 6 exact years ago. My mind went blank once I finally grasped what was happening, I just wanted to run back into the yacht and panic. Or to just run home.

Am I overthinking it? Yes. Am I right? I hope not. But I shouldn't be doing this. I shouldn't be holding his hand, sleeping with him or fucking him like my heart wasn't going to break if I saw him with anyone else but do I have the mental capacity to admit that we are a couple once again? Can I really do that and survive it in one piece? I looked at everyone around me and memories were hitting me like a truck. Am I about to have a panic attack because I feel happy?

--------------------

Hello babes!

I just reached 1K followers and I want to start by thanking every single person that follows me and that reads my stories. I hope you love them as much as I do.

Every vote, comment, and message has meant the world to me and has given me much-needed motivation to keep this going.

To thank you for this amazing year and to kind of take the place of the stories about to finish I have 4 options for you to choose from so I can publish them:

Complex with Lando Norris (and Oscar Piastri)

Tú Y Yo with Fernando Alonso

My Significant Bother with Christian Horner

Reckless with Charles Leclerc.

Every vote will be obviously counted and will decide which stories will come next for all of you to read them! Love you all very very much.