𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 23

♫ Sideways, now I just look at you sideways
Bro, get the fuck out my driveway, you broke the window with no pain ♫

Carlos Sainz POV

I woke up the next day with the empty space where her body was last night. I walked to the kitchen to find a familiar sight that I thought I would never see again. She was making breakfast. Her hair was in a messy bun with some of it out of the bun already, she was in my shirt while she was making the food.

"Good morning" I say trying not to scare her.

"Hey! I though you would be sleeping a little longer. I am almost done. Can you take the camera out while I finish this?" She asks and I nod doing as she said. I was heading back inside when I hear my doorbell.

"That's weird" I mutter as I was not expecting no one at a Saturday morning to appear at my house.

"Are you expecting anyone?" Sofia asks turning around while she was finishing the table.

"Not really" I answer as I head for the door, she puts down the plate and I observe the camera which shows me that my sister was here. Ana shouldn't be here. "It's Ana"

"What? Joder. Why is she here?" She asks almost in panic.

"I am going outside and I will tell her that I am busy" I say as I open the door. I don't lock it because I would get locked outside but I meet her by the gate.

"Why are you here? Is the system having problems?" She asks before looking me up and down.

"I am busy. You should leave. We can arrange something for another day" I say putting myself in front of her.

"No. Who is she? I hope there is no woman in your house right now. You can't do this to yourself and to Sofia. That is disrespectful. You can't use other women to forget her" She says pushing me off which caught me by surprise.

"Hola" Sofia says as I walk right behind Ana who stopped in her tracks when she saw a confused Sofia with my shirt from last night on.

"Oh" She lets out before her voice was once again heard. "Oh! This is unexpected. I should go" She finally understood what had happened, or she thought she had.

"You can stay. I think I made too much breakfast anyway. Take a seat" Sofia says nonchalantly as she continued eating her breakfast. We both take a seat and start eating.

"So, how did this happen?" Ana asks a few minutes later and I scold her with my eyes to which she shrugs in response.

"I wanted to come home, and this is home for me. This is where I feel safe and seeing Miguel made me feel very anxious" Sofia says calmly as she watched the news on the television.

"I am glad Carlos still makes you feel safe" Ana says with a smile and I roll my eyes.

"He does" The moment she says it she takes a glance at me and I smile proudly. I like to hear that even though I fail her I can still make her feel safe because I would rather die than let Miguel touch her again.

Ana and Sofia ended up leaving soon after and I spent the weekend relaxing. Monday came and I was in my office as I worked. I had done two meetings and I was about to head for lunch when Carla enters the office.

"Mister López is here. He won't leave, he says you will want to see him. I told him you were too busy" She says worriedly and I think I became tense because she took a step back.

"I've forbidden him for entering the building. How the fuck is he here?" I ask alarmed about the lack of security.

"It's not Miguel López, it's his dad" She says and I nod.

"Let him in" I say leaning back in my chair and I watch as Miguel's dad got in. I present to you Antonio López. 

"Carlos, I am sorry to bother you but I think we need to talk" He says after slightly tilting his head for me in respect and I nod.

"Go ahead. The sooner you talk, the less time you take" I say crossing my arms in a challenging way.

"Miguel has told me about his affair with your ex-fiancé, I really don't understand why you decided to take it out on him after 5 years but I don't think this would be a good idea. Stop buying out every investor we have. This is not necessary" He says trying to remain serious but he was concerned and he should be.

"He kidnapped her, burned her car, was aggressive towards her, raped her, filmed it, sent it to me, and caused her to lose our child. Do you think this is not necessary? Because this is just the beginning. I will burn your fucking name to the ground. You will be ashamed of the day you made him. I will destroy every single thing your son loves, and I will love every fucking second of it" I say as certain as that as I ever could be of something. As long as I breathe I will make Miguel's life a living hell.

"This is a stupid battle to fight alone Carlos. Maybe you should do a board meeting or take a vacation and switch with your dad. He would be a bit more impartial" He says taken aback and I laugh.

"Do you think I'm alone? My dad is in on it, and so is Sofia's dad. You are nothing but a rock in my shoe. This is war. This is no fucking battle. Your son played dirty, he just forgot who he was playing with. This is no playground. I will burn him alive if I can get away with it. I would gladly light the world on fire just to watch him burn. Get out of my way or you will be collateral damage" The rage in my voice is palpable but I couldn't care less.

"This is a ridiculous hill to die on" He says as he got up from his chair.

"Put your wife in my wife's place and think if you wouldn't do the same thing to the bastard. Don't a hypocrite" I spit in rage as he got out. Men will do anything to protect their empire but nothing to actually make sure an asshole isn't running it because it's their son.