𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 24

♪ Do you remember happy together?
I do, don't you? ♪

Sofia Morales POV

It was kind of conflicting having that moment with Carlos, it made me realize that I still love him. It also made me question what should be done from now on, a few days have gone by and I've seen him once or twice in the company. I was working until someone knocked on my door.

It's Alice, one of the workers, she has been here for more time than I have, she is very gossipy and I am glad she hadn't known about me and Carlos when I entered the department because she is kind of obsessed with him. She tried for the supervisor role but she didn't get it. She is just a trainer and member of the HR department.

"Word has been traveling that you are Carlos' ex-fiancé and that you are back together. Don't you think that's something that should've been known in the department?" She asks crossing her arms and I lean back on my chair.

"And why would I discuss private matters with the department? He was my ex when I got here, there is nothing to be reported" I say challenging her to continue her thought process out loud.

"You are back together, which means you have to report it to HR, if you don't do it then that is more than enough for being fired or suspended without pay" She says with a smile and I laugh. I really did.

"And who is going to fire me? You? Because in case you are forgetting, we are talking about me being back with my ex that is the CEO of the company you are talking about" I say trying to hold the laughter that wasn't yet finished because her thoughts didn't make sense.

"We could talk to him but he is known to not break policy for any employee" She says pointing to the door and I nod.

"Let's talk to him then. Go ahead" I say signaling her to go ahead. Juan and Amelia wondered what was happening but I shrugged.

"Good morning. What can I help you with?" Carla asks as we arrived to the last floor where Carlos's office is. I stood back to make sure she didn't see me.

"I would like to talk to mister Sainz" She says proudly, she really thinks this is going her way.

"He is busy. Send me an email and I will see if it's important enough. If it is, I will schedule a meeting" Carla says nonchalantly and facing her computer.

"Let us in please Carla. This will be fast" I say walking to his door. She quickly gets up and nods.

"Of course Sofia, I hadn't seen you there. Go ahead" She says giving me a welcoming smile and I wink at her.

"I said I would be busy today" Carlos says with his eyes glued to his computer screen.

"That will harm your eyes. I told you that before" The moment my voice came out he leaned back and looked at me giving me a smile.

"Mister Sainz" Alice says almost bowing to him and I try not to laugh.

"Is there something wrong?" Carlos asks looking between the both of us confused.

"Alice came to warn me that I've committed a mistake with the company's regulations and she wants me to be fired or suspended as a consequence" I say giving him a smug smile and he laughs.

"And what regulation was broken?" Carlos asks curiously and I look at Alice.

"She has to participate any relationship to the HR department. Your relationship has no forms submitted to the department which is a breach of the regulation" She says once again proud of what she found.

"Oh. Does that mean I should also be fired or suspended without pay? That would be difficult for the company. Don't you think?" He was being sarcastic but she wouldn't be able to tell.

"No! God. She is the one who should've filled the forms" She says trying to explain herself.

"Look. I don't know your name because there are a lot of people working here but I am going to explain something to you. Firstly, the forms have been filled out, your boss is well aware of our relationship and the possible dynamic we may have because I am her boss. Secondly, I would never fire her, she is great at her job. Third, mind your own business. No form filled by me would travel the department, talk with Juan and he will show you the documentation without the personal details" He says with a bit of a condescending tone but he was defending me and I found it hot.

"I am sorry. Sofia didn't tell me. I didn't mean to make you mad" She says nervously as she stuttered the words.

"I shouldn't have to tell you. You can leave now. I will see you after lunch" I say pointing to the door and she quickly leaves.

"Was this necessary?" He asks as he takes a few steps in my direction.

"She was insinuating things. I didn't like it. Plus, her obsession with you can stop" I say happy with the outcome and he tilts his head.

"Why is her obsession a bad thing? I am good-looking, hot, smart, and rich. Who wouldn't want me?" He asks me with a smile.

"Well, who do you want to desire you?" I ask looking into his eyes.

"You. Obviously" He says as he ran his hand through his hair.

"So many women want you, maybe you should see other options" I say taking a step back.

"Nah. I want you. There are no options in my book" He says as his hand grabs my waist and pulls me closer.

"When did you file the papers?" I ask curiously.

"The day after the company's dinner. I knew you would drive me crazy, I didn't want any of that to be used against you" He says as he got closer, his hand grabbed my cheek and my jaw, and I could swear I would melt under his touch.

"Always a step ahead" I say right before his lips crash against mine. My hand went to his hair and intensified the kiss. This man will be the death of me.