°˖✧✿✧˖°Chapter 2°˖✧✿✧˖°

𝑀𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒷𝓎 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒

⊹₊┈ㆍ┈ㆍ┈ㆍ✿ㆍ┈ㆍ┈ㆍ┈₊⊹

**✿❀ 𝓔𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻!❀✿**

༺♥༻❀༺♥༻༺♥༻❀༺♥༻༺♥༻

The mission I had been on before meeting these boys was with a powerful demon so I was quite beaten up. I followed my crow from up above, the houses that have the wisteria crest logo assist demon slayers with whatever they need. On the way, Inosuke had woken up and as I suspected began to argue with Zenitsu, with Tanjiro trying to calm them both down. These boys fought like siblings, which only made laughter escape from my lips. The arguing had suddenly stopped.

I turned my head back, getting met with sparkling eyes from two of the boys, "What?" I spoke through small laughs.

Tanjiro had a slight blush on his face, Inosuke continued punching, and Zenitsu cooed "Your laugh is so beautiful!!"

"Thank you Zenitsu," I smiled at him before turning back around and continuing my path.

The sun was setting, and it looked beautiful. I looked over and saw some fringed iris, picked one up, and held it in my palms. I cared for plants a lot. Maybe even too much.. back at the love mansion, I'm responsible for the garden and all the plants really. I never let Kanroji-sama touch the flowers since every time she does she finds a way to kill them. I snickered as memories popped into my mind of her panicking from the withering flowers.

As we neared our destination, the flower had become loose, almost falling out of my ear. Before I could fix it Tanjiro had beaten me to it. His hand tucked loose strands of hair after fixing the flower, and I could feel my face heating up.

'How can one's hands be so rough but so gentle simultaneously.' I wondered, realizing I was just now staring into his eyes.

I shied away from him and whispered, "Thank you."

He smiled in response, and we made it to the crest mansion. I gently knocked on the door and a sweet old lady let us inside and gave us nightwear. She set up our room and made us dinner.

"SHE'S A MONSTER!!" Zenitsu cried out

"Zenitsu It's the middle of the night, be quiet!!" I knocked him on the head while whisper shouting

I asked for a crap ton of tempura, and ate all of it with no problem! Kanroji-sama and I usually have eating contests, though she always wins. I asked for another dish, and the lady happily gave me another. The boys weren't even done with their first and I already finished my seventh. They were astounded.

I held my head in my hands and felt embarrassment rise to my cheeks. "Sorry, this isn't very ladylike, huh? Training under kanroji-sama has me eating as much as three sumo wrestlers!!"

Tanjiro spoke up, "I think it's incredible. I wanna get strong and eat as much as you!" 

Zenitsu also agreed, "It's super cute!!"

Then inosuke scoffed, "I could eat more so easily pfft!" I smiled.

I didn't think people would be kind to see a girl eat this much. Every time me and Kanroji eat out, men always laugh or tease us about it. It made me embarrassed to eat in front of others but she tells me not to worry. Dinner ended with Inosuke trying to provoke Tanjiro to fight him and failed.

"I'LL TAKE THIS ONE!!" Inosuke screamed while jumping onto one of the best

"That's alright Inosuke, take whichever you want! Y/n which one do you want?" Tanjiro peered over to glance at me

"Uhhh--" I was interuppted by Inosuke shooting a pillow at Zenitsu

I ended up taking the far left one to avoid Zenitu's and Inosuke's bickering

After we settled into our beds I questioned something of Tanjiro, "Ah, Tanjiro I wanted to ask something. I can hear the sound of a demon inside that box, why are you towing it around?"

"Yeah, I heard it too.." Zenitsu remarked

Tanjiro only spoke with a smile on his face, "So you knew it was a demon and still protected it, Zenitsu?"

Zenitsu got a little frightened as Tanjiro went to open the box. He started wailing and attempted to hide in the closet. I reached for the hilt of my sword as someone crawled out of the box, I really couldn't believe it.. he was actually towing around a demon!?

Tanjiro said, "It's my sister Nezuko!"

The she-demon who had crawled out grew in size, I got into a stance ready to decapitate it.

"You're actually towing around a demon?" I spoke with a firm voice

Tanjiro stood in between Nezuko and me with his hands in front of him, I could hear her low growling and her sharp gaze stood fixed on my sword.

"She won't harm anyone! Nezuko is different!" He convinced me

"I could get in trouble if I spare her.." I furrowed my brows

He looked at me with his pure eyes of innocence and pleeded, "Please."

I reluctantly took my hand off the hilt of my sword, the visible veins on her head had disappeared and she relaxed. Nezuko approached me, I didn't hear any maliciousness coming from her. Instead, she set her hand on my head.

"Ah sorry, Nezuko sees humans as family.." Tanjiro nervously laughed

"It's alright," I smiled as she returned to her brother

I rested back on my futon, I felt tears well up in my eyes as I thought about my family.

I smiled softly, and spoke "Goodnight boys.'' They all replied goodnight too.

༺♥༻❀༺♥༻༺♥༻❀༺♥༻༺♥༻

this is really short but I felt like it should end there because the next chapter introduces a lot of new things. you'll def be seeing these three again just way later. also, I know this is supposed to be muichiro but tanjiro is just temporary ok shhh.

 also, I know this is supposed to be muichiro but tanjiro is just temporary ok shhh

word count 1006

edited 5/22/23