Chapter Twenty-Nine

——

——

"His dad?" Zuri looked at them all

"Yeah. And, I know just where he is to." Corey stood up.

"Wait, his dad? He's the pastor." Zuri stared at him.

"So? What's your point baby?" Jonathan closed his eyes like he was about to go to sleep.

And, honestly he could've. He hasn't gotten any real sleep since before Zuri been missing.

And, he couldn't get much when she came back, because he was afraid she wouldn't be there if and when he woke up.

"You're going to kill the pastor?" Angel asked them.

"Maybe." Dash shrugged.

"You can't do that. He's a pastor!" Angel fussed.

"So? What's your point?" Jonathan asked again.

"Zuri." Angel looked at her for help.

Honestly, Zuri didn't know what to think.

"Do what you have to do." She finally spoke.

"Wait, Zuri. Are you serious?" Angel furrowed her eyebrows.

"I am." She said simply.

Angel shook her head in disbelief.

"I know you've been through a lot but you have to think rational here." She just couldn't believe it.

"I got his house address and the church." Corey spoke.

"It doesn't matter Angel." Zuri said to her.

They ignored him.

"It does. You're going to get innocent people killed when you should be focusing on hurting Bryson. He's the one that hurt you, not his dad!" Angel came back full force.

Zuri thought she made a valid point, but she could tell his dad never liked her. Especially when she had eavesdropped and heard him call her trash. Whitney was nice to her though.