Chapter 06

After a long day in school, finally Jasmine enters the house thinking about her warm bed only to stumble back with a force as if someone has punched her in the gut.

She steadies herself as she looks around for the source that made her fall back but not seeing anyone she straightens up confused.

Shaking her head once again, she tries to enter the house and this time she knows what made her stumble back as something inside her howls

"Mate"

For the first time she feels her wolf surface and the force with which she shows she is there is hard to handle, having no clue how to do it she does the only thing she can she rushes to her room before anyone could notice her.

Closing her eyes Jasmine takes a deep breath to calm her as she tries to remember all the things her mother taught her about trying to calm her wolf in such situation. After a while, she feels her wolf back down making her breath in relief.

Good thing her wolf was not strong enough to shift or else it would have been very painful to her. Wiping the sweat off her forehead, she finally drags herself from the floor to the bathroom.

Stumbling she makes her way to the bathroom and washes off her face with cold water as her body can't stop shaking, when she finally looks at the mirror she gets a glimpse of her eye's color just for a second before it's gone.

After taking a shower to calm her Jasmine lies on the bed, all these years her wolf never showed up and now all of a sudden she does just by getting a swift scent of him.

When kids of her age had shift but she had not, everyone thought may be she was not a wolf. However, Adrian has proven them wrong telling them that maybe her wolf was not ready; after all, it has happened to some of the wolves before her.

Nevertheless, even after all these years she has not shifted, she had accepted the fact that maybe she was one of those wolves whose wolf never surfaced but was in a deep sleep inside them.

Now it was awake and the only reason was that her mate was back. She does not know whether she feels happy about it or curses her fate.

If the mate's pull is this strong that it made her wolf awake for the first time, she doesn't want to know what will happen when she meets him after all these years.

Moreover, she dreads what might happen if her mate rejects her again! It was easy for a nine-year-old Jasmine to handle the heartbreak she did not even know existed but now that she is of age, she cannot imagine the pain and the scars it will leave in her heart and soul if he rejects her once again.

It was easy when he was not around all this time to make her believe that may be, he will accept them and to let her heart skip a beat every time hearing his name.

Now that the reality is set, she wishes to, never get out of these bedroom walls to, never set her eyes on him or to, never feel her dreams become nightmares because eventually the words he said nine years ago will come true!

She can never be my mate. Someone as pathetic as her can never gain a title to be my mate!

Those words still haunt her. She knows she can never be good enough for him, because she will always be the daughter of the man who murdered his entire pack along with his mate!

Jasmine looks at the time and sighs, as she knows she must get out of the room and go to help in the kitchen. However, for some reason she does not want to go out and face the reality that will crumble not just her but her whole world.

She cannot make him love her or accept her; no, she cannot do that to him. How can she when she knows the consequences if he accept her.

She cannot betray the trust and love Scar and Adrian have given her. They have done so much for her, gave her a roof and place she can call home, how can she forget all of it? She cannot be the reason for their failure.