Chapter 08

After spending the whole evening at the park, watching the kids play and the sunset she gets enough courage to walk back to the pack house.

She didn't even look at the time as she was to busy trying to keep her mind away from him, anything...anything for it to not remember the moment she saw him.

Taking a deep breath Jasmine gets in the house after the sunset and comes face to face with a very angry Adrian breathing on her face.

"Where the hell were you?" he shouts and she jumps a bit, startled.

"Um...uh" she stammers not knowing what was wrong

"Do you know what the hell the time right now is? I have been worried sick for you and I have not seen you since yesterday. Georgia informed me you were not well and still you went to school and are just coming in right now! Have you lost your mind?" he shouts anger still radiating off him.

Hearing the commotion, everyone in the pack house gathers around them to watch. Scar tries rush to Jasmine's side so she can soothe the poor girl but is stopped by Adrian's glare.

"I asked you something Jasmine, your school was off hours ago!" he growls when she does not immediately answer him.

"I...I got detention and then I was sitting in the park for a while but lost the track of time. I'm sorry!" she cries scared as this is the first time Adrian was so angry with her.

Adrian sighs rubbing his face to calm himself as he hears her cry before pulling her in his arms where she cries even harder.

"Hey kiddo, I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you. I was worried, please don't cry" he pleads to her gently feeling guilty for exploding on her like that.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again" she promises as he loosens his grip on her and nods.

Bowing her head down she walks to her room, she does not even stop when she senses him but keeps walking before locking her door and slumping on the floor with her back to it.

*******

Advin feels like someone crushed his heart and twist, as he sees her standing in front of his father scared, crying.

He stands there as he watches her walk without acknowledging him until she enters her room locking the door.

He takes a step to her room to check on her but as always he backs down clenching his fist.

"Coward!" his wolf calls him and he feels like one.

Jasmine tries to avoid him as much as she can by leaving the house early and coming back a little late but not too late, because she does not want to get scolded from the Alpha like last time. She stays in her room not joining them for dinner or anything with the excuse of study.

But for how long was she going to stick to the plan, eventually she had to face the devil himself. This time it was not a choice but rather a direct order from the Alpha himself! She walks to the kitchen slowly and avoids any eye contact with everyone.

"Kiddo?" calls Adrian and she looks up at him with a smile.

He points her to a seat and without a word; she takes it not realizing where she is sitting which is right in front of the man she has been avoiding. Still she keeps her head down looking only at the plate.

"Are you still upset with me?" Adrian asks seeing her head bow down.

Jasmine's head snaps towards Adrian as she shakes her head no, feeling guilty for making him doubtful.

"Then, why are you not joining us in anything?" he asks curiously raising his brow not knowing why she was so quiet these days and mostly invisible.