Chapter Two

Another Small council meeting was called early the next morning, so early Aerys had not had the chance to break his fast

Another Small council meeting was called early the next morning, so early Aerys had not had the chance to break his fast. According to the rumors, Daemon had rounded up all the suspected criminals in King's landing and took either limbs or heads from them. In the end he needed two horse carts to haul away the tons of flesh he had taken

The doors opened as Viserys and Otto entered the meeting room, Otto in the midst of informing Viserys of Daemon's actions the prior night.

"Borther." Daemon greeted, a smug smile on his face.

"Daemon."

"Carry on. You were saying something about my impunity."

You are to explain your doings with the City Watch."

"Your new gold cloaks made quite the impression last night, didn't they?"

"Did they?" Daemon responded.

"The City Watch is not a sword to be wielded at your whim. They are an extension of the crown, brother. Not your playthings." Aerys chastised his brother.

"The Watch was enforcing the crown's laws. Wouldn't you agree, Lord Strong?"

"My Prince, I don't think-"

"Making a public spectacle of wanton brutality is hardly in line with our laws.

"Nobles of every corner of the realm are right now descending upon King's Landing for my brother's tourney. Do you want them mugged, raped, murdered? You mightn't know this unless you left the safety of the Red Keep, but much of King's Landing is seen by the smallfolk as lawless and terrifying." Daemon turned from his stare down with Ser Otto to look at his elder brother. "Our city should be safe for all its people."

"I agree."

"It is not that we disagree on, Daemon. It is that your actions last night were taken without approval from your King." Aerys spoke, earning a nod of approval from his eldest brother.

"We installed Prince Daemon as commander to promote law and order. The criminal element should fear the City Watch." Lord Corlys spoke up in favor of Daemon.

"Thank you for your support, Lord Corlys."

"If only the Prince would show the same devotion to his lad wife as he does his work, Your Grace. You've not been seen in the Vale or at Runestone for quite some time."

"I think my bronze bitch is happier for my absence."

"Lady Rhea is your wife, a good and honorable lady of the Vale."

"In the Vale, men are said to fuck sheep instead of women. I can assure you the sheep are prettier."

Aerys began to tune out the argument between the two men, tiring of Daemon constantly provoking the poor man. Though Aerys was partial since the prince hoped to marry the Hand's daughter. The scraping from Ser Otto's chair brought Aerys back to the conversation. Ser Otto now stood from his seat beside Aerys.