16

Just a short little filler chapter! Enjoy!

**

"I'm bored mama." Yelena murmurs from the back seat, a cute pout on her lips as she absentmindedly kicks her legs. Due to the fact Maria didn't live too far away from their destination, she had decided it would be easier -and cheaper, to drive as opposed to getting a plane. She was slightly regretting that decision now, because attempting to drive over ten hours with an over tired seven year old was proving to slightly difficult.

She was hungry, then thirsty, then bored, and that wasn't even mentioning the numerous amount of times she'd had to pull over for toilet breaks. After the seventh in less than two hours, she'd situated her into a diaper that would only be used in emergencies if Maria wasn't able to pull over on time. (Which had almost happened more times than she'd like to admit.)

Natasha on the other hand had been an angel. She'd climbed into the back seat with her sister just an hour in in a futile attempt at keeping her entertained. It had worked for a little while, but Maria could tell that Yelena was over it. She was now reading one of the Harry Potter books she'd brought along for the journey.

Deciding that staying in a hotel for tonight would be best, Maria pulls off of the interstate. She had to admit her patience was wearing thin. "We're pulling over now baby, just a second, okay?" She glances back in the rear view mirror, and Yelena nods her head with a small sigh.

Natasha sends her a questioning look, "Were only halfway there, and your sisters tired. We're not due to check in until tomorrow so we're not missing anything." Maria reassures, and the blue haired child nods her head in understanding.

About twenty minutes later, Maria finds herself checking into a hotel with a child either side of her. Yelena was whinier than ever now, tugging almost anxiously on her hand jolting the woman's arm as she attempts to type in her pin.

"Just a second," she calmly attempts to placate as she places a hand on the back of the child's head, but Yelena simply lets out a tired sob as she falls forward against her leg. The woman sighs as she hoists the seven year old up onto her hip, soothingly patting her behind a few times before taking a few more seconds to finish paying. After thanking the woman for the room key, she grabs the handle of the suitcase she'd brought in and pulls it over to the elevator.

"Fifth floor baby." She tells Natasha when the girl looks at her for the floor number, stepping inside with the child in tow when the door opens. She wraps an arm around her shoulder when Natasha takes her place beside her, and the girl looks up at her with a soft smile as she rests her head against Maria's chest.

"I don't think we should have driven." Natasha murmurs, her quiet voice breaking the silence, and Maria chuckles softly as she combs her hand through her hair.

"Me neither honey." She sighs lightly. By now, Yelena was still against her, but Maria could tell she wasn't asleep due to the fact her tiny hand had slipped slightly down the front of her shirt to rest against the skin just beneath her collarbone, and she could feel said hand moving softly as she attempts to get the comfort she needed.

Skin on skin contact was a big thing for Yelena, and she would regularly spend hours nestled against the woman's bare chest either napping or watching movies. It was intimate in the most innocent sense of the world, and Maria loved being able to sooth Yelena in such a maternal way.

After they'd made it to the fifth floor, Maria unlocks the door and lets them all inside. She sets the suitcase aside momentarily as she sits Yelena down onto the bed, the little one looking up at her sleepily as she rubs tiredly at her eyes.

"We need to eat and have a bath before we sleep. Why don't you go see what toys mama packed in your backpack?" She suggests, and Yelena nods her head as she slides off of the bed and grabs her backpack from where Natasha had placed it onto the chair in the corner.

Maria then sits down onto the bed with a tired sigh of her own, easily welcoming Natasha onto her lap when the 12 year old walks over to her nervously and hopefully holds out her arms.

"How long do you think that'll keep her entertained?" She murmurs as she wraps her arms around Natasha's waist, the child grinning slightly as she leans her back against the woman's chest and lets out a content sigh.

The little one in question was sat on the floor next to the chair, her puppy dog in her lap and a baby bottle in her hand. If you listened hard enough, you could hear her quietly talking to it, and Maria's heart melts at the sight as she absently rocks Natasha on her lap.

"Maybe ten minutes." Natasha murmurs as she too eyes her sister, and Maria rolls her eyes fondly as she presses a kiss to the back of the child's head.

"We shall see my love."

*

Turns out Natasha's guess was correct, because no sooner had ten minutes passed, Yelena rises to her feet and walks over to them before holding out her arms. Her eyes were drooping, and Maria wants nothing more than to let her sleep. But she couldn't. Not until she'd at least eaten some dinner. Shifting Natasha onto one of her legs, she leans down and places a hand beneath Yelena's padded behind and lifts her up onto her lap too.

The little one ends up straddling one of her legs as her head comes to settle just beneath her chin, her blanket clutched tightly to her face.

"Let's get some dinner okay? That way you can sleep with a full tummy." She murmurs, and Yelena grunts quietly. Maria takes that as a sound of agreement, and she sighs softly as she rises to her feet with both girls in her arms before turning and setting them both down onto the bed.

"Try and keep her awake." She subtly murmurs to Natasha, and the blue haired child nods as she begins trying to get her sister's attention. Whilst she does that, Maria heads over to the phone and orders room service. A kids mac'n cheese each for the girls, and a chicken salad for herself. After being given an approximate wait time, she heads over to the girls and scoops a dozing Yelena up into her arms.

"Bath time." She sings as she firmly pats the girls back in an effort to wake her, her efforts successful as Yelena lets out a quiet whine before sitting up in her arms. She looks at the woman with a disgruntled frown, and Maria chuckles softly as she presses a tender kiss to her cheek.

"Shower or bath sweet girl?" She questions Natasha as she holds out her hand.

"Uhh, shower." Natasha decides as she takes the woman's hand and allows herself to be tugged to her feet, and Maria nods as she brings both girls into the bathroom.

She could already feel Yelena dozing against her again, and she knew tonight would be a long one.

**

I just wanted to show off my marvel wall

I just wanted to show off my marvel wall. Doesn't it look great?

Anyway, don't forget to comment and vote telling me what you think! I'd love to hear your thoughts!