Chapter 14

Tess listened to the quiet music playing over the sound system in the chapel. She'd been rushing around Bozeman for the last few hours, getting all the last-minute wedding things sorted.

Annie was sitting beside her and smiled when Dave arrived with his groomsmen. "He looks nervous."

Tess couldn't blame him. Getting married was a big deal, bigger than anything she'd ever done.

Molly walked down the aisle and stood beside her. "Do you mind if I sit in the aisle seat? I can't get good photos otherwise."

"No problem." Tess nudged Annie and they shuffled along the row of seats.

Molly sat down and took some photos of Dave. "Connie's nervous, but I got some fine shots of everyone."

Annie leaned forward. "Have you seen Sally?" she whispered.

"She texted me five minutes ago," Molly said. "She isn't far away."

Everyone sat back in their seats and listened to the music.

"Where's Logan?" Tess hadn't seen him since he'd dropped the flowers off at Emily's boutique.

"He'll be here soon," Molly whispered. She lifted her camera and took a few shots of the beautiful stained glass windows.

"Sorry I'm late." Sally sat beside Annie. "We had an emergency at the school."

"What happened?" Annie asked.

"A student fell off the roof of the administration building. The paramedic thinks he's broken his leg and shoulder."

"What was he doing on the roof?" Tess asked.

"Getting a football. He could have killed himself. I saw Connie and her sisters in the foyer. They look beautiful."

"We finished Connie's dress an hour ago. The last-minute rush was worth it." Tess was proud of what they'd done today. Without everyone's help, they wouldn't have been able to get everything ready in time for the wedding.

She glanced at the front of the room and smiled at the groom-to-be. Dave still looked nervous.

"Do you mind if I sit with you?"

Tess and Molly looked up at Dylan. He'd changed into a dark charcoal suit and white shirt. A suit should have taken some of the dangerous edge off him, but it made it worse. All he needed was a pair of dark sunglasses and he could have passed for an FBI special agent.

Molly leaned forward and whispered to Annie, "Move down another seat."

They all shuffled along. The bridal march started playing and everyone stood up. Molly quickly changed seats with Dylan so she could take more photos.

Tess smiled as Molly snapped a picture of the bridesmaids. With the number of photos she was taking, Connie and Dave would have a lifetime's worth of memories. Knowing how good her photos were, each of them would be treasured.

When Connie walked past their seats, Tess sighed. She looked like Cinderella in the beautiful tulle and satin dress they'd worked on all afternoon. The sweetheart neckline and beaded skirt shimmered as she walked down the aisle. The veil she'd chosen fell softly around her shoulders, ending in a delicate swirl below her waist.

Connie's mom was beside her, sitting in a wheelchair as she held her daughter's hand. Tess hadn't been able to hide all the shadows under Mrs. Thompson's eyes with makeup, but she still looked radiant and so proud of her daughters.

But it wasn't Connie or her mom that made Tess' eyes widen. Logan was standing behind the wheelchair, pushing Connie's mom down the aisle. He'd changed into a dark navy suit and pale blue tie. He looked so handsome that she was sure everyone could hear her heart pounding.