V - Radio

Lucy woke up to her TRC going off, it was Dustin and he was clearly out of range, but he was still there. "Lucy! . .Come. . .Mike's hou. . .Hu. . .ry!" Lucy groggily got out of her bed, rubbing at her eyes and groaning. She looked out her window and Steve's car was already gone, probably at school. She quickly got dressed and ran out of the house, nearly forgetting to lock it on her way.

In the Wheeler's basement, the kids were sat around in a circle. Eleven was messing with Mike's walkie again and they could hear small whimpers coming from it. 

Lucy furrowed her brows, not quite understanding what it was they were listening to. "What- What's the point in all this?"

"We keep losing the signal, but you heard it, right?" Mike looked around to his friends.

"Yeah, I heard a baby."

"What?"

"Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor." Lucas huffed, "It's probably the Blackburn's next door."

"Yeah," Lucy muttered with a small shrug. "I babysit Joseph for them sometimes." 

"Uh, did that sound like a baby to you? That was Will!"

"Mike-"

"Lucas, you don't understand. He spoke last night. Words! He was singing that weird song he loves. Even El heard him!"

"The Clash?" Lucy perked up, knowing exactly what song Mike was talking about. Will had shown it to her one time and she immediately loved it.

"Oh, well, if the weirdo heard him, then I guess-"

Before Lucas could finish his remark, Dustin interrupted, "Are you sure you're on the right channel?"

"I don't think it's about that. I think, somehow, she's channeling him."

"Like. . .like Professor X." Dustin smiled.

"Yeah."

"Are you actually believing this crap?"

"I don't know, I mean. . .Do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger? He sounded a lot like that."

"Did you guys not see what I saw?" Lucas looked at Mike. 

Lucy's hope faded, Will was dead. She saw it herself. So why did this small flicker of light keep wanting to surface? Why did she want so badly to hope he was okay? 

"They pulled Will's body out of the water. He's dead!" Lucas shouted at them.

"Well- Maybe it's his ghost, maybe he's haunting us." Dustin huffed.

"It's not his ghost." Mike scolded.

"So how do you know that?" Lucas shouted. 

"I just do!" 

"Then what was in that water?"

"I don't know!" Mike and Lucas continued to stare at one another. "All I know is Will is alive. Will is alive! He's out there somewhere, all we have to do is find him." They all looked at each other for a moment, static coming through the radio. Mike sighed, "This isn't gonna work, we need to get El to a stronger radio.

Dustin smiled, "Mr. Clarke's Heathkit ham shack."

"Mr. Clarke's what?" Lucy looked over to the boy in the hat, utterly lost.

"The Heathkit's at school. There is no way we're gonna get the weirdo in there without anyone noticing." Lucas shot back, "I mean. . .look at her." And so they did, they all looked at Eleven. Lucy saw that she had taken off the pink hoodie she gave her and was instead in the T-shirt Mike had originally given to her. She still had Lucy's light grey sweatpants on, though.