XXXV - High on. . .What?

Alarms rang through the corridor as they drove toward the elevator. Dustin wasn't the best driver. He was bumpy as hell, kept swerving, and nowhere near as fast as Max. He was no zoomer, and for good reason. Despite this, Steve still decided to hit the grate between himself, Robin, and Russell and the three younger kids. "Jesus, slow down!" Steve slurred slightly. 

"Yeah, what is this, like the Indy 500?" Robin added. 

"It's the Indy 300." Steve countered, pointing in Robin's face. 

"Oh my god I'm dating an idiot-" Russell started laughing, falling against her boyfriend's side. 

"No, dingus, it's 500!" Robin yelled.

"It's 300!" Steve shouted back. 

"It's 500, you doof!" Russell giggled. Steve looked down at her and started laughing too, immediately dropping the '300' thing. 

"Let's say a million!" Robin offered before joining in with the laughing. 

"What is wrong with them?" Erica asked. 

"I don't know!" Dustin yelled slightly. 

"They're high." Lucy muttered, staring at her brother and the two brunettes through the grate. 

"Dustin, watch out!" Erica yelled as their van came to the end of the hall and sped toward the doors of the elevator. 

"Shit!" Dustin yelled, swerving and slamming into a pile of barrels. Lucy let out a yip, falling backward into what should've been the dashboard, but was instead soft and comforting. The girl looked down and noticed Dustin's arm had caught her just between the metal and her back. 

The three in the back however, were less lucky, all groaning. "You guys alright back there?" Dustin asked. Not getting a response, he turned to Lucy and Erica and gave a simple nod. "They're fine." 

The three younger kids got out of the front seats and rounded to open the back of the van. "Come on. Let's go!" Lucy ushered, reaching her hand out for Russell since she was closest. 

"We gotta go. Now." Dustin instructed as well. Lucy pulled Russell to the edge of the van and helped her to her feet. 

"Come on! Get out!" Erica shouted. 

"Let's go!" Dustin smacked the back of his hand with his other, hoping the energy might hurry them along. 

"Ow!" Steve groaned as Dustin took his arm and pulled him out of the van.  "We're coming!" Steve whined. 

"Here goes nothin'" Dustin took the keycard out of his pocket, taking Lucy's hand and walking toward the elevator.

"This sucks." Steve complained. 

"Shhhh, Stevie!" Russell smiled at him, leaning against him a bit for support. 

Dustin slid the card into the reader and it beeped, the light flashing up green. 

Within five minutes, the group of six were going up the elevator. Steve was standing on a red dolly that was used for the boxes, whooping and cheering with Robin, making Russell laugh from her spot sitting on the floor as he used it like a surfboard. 

"Hey! You look like you're surfing!" Robin called, laughing. 

"Yeah!" Steve cheered. 

"They seem drunk." Erica stated, her ever present sass not leaving for a moment. 

"Why would they be drunk?" Dustin questioned. 

"They're high. The Russian's must've given them drugs or something-" Lucy shook her head.