Looking at the memories

The Original Storm King.

The OSK.

He whose name is known by two.

The living storm.

The Storm King had many titles even before he decided to conquer the world, and now that I am in his body, even more titles will be made.

The Storm King, the title, not the person, is a title that is given to the current king of the storm kingdom.

The Storm King is the ruler, The Storm Prince is the next in line, and The Storm Father is the previous Storm King.

I do have a real name, one that only Strife and I know. It is tradition for only the father and the individual to know the TRUE NAME of the individual. The OSKs father, the previous king, disappeared when the OSK was young, leaving The OSK to rule the kingdom as a child.

Strife, was the father's right-hand man and advisor, according to himself. The Original Storm King didn't really care to remember the names or faces of those working for him until he was already 20.

So the current Storm Family tree is Me, The Human soul piloting the body of the OSK. My Mother, who remained on Storm Island with the women and children who haven't joined the fleet, and Strife as an honorary family member for how long he's been around.

Long enough to know some things about my race that the OSK doesn't.

---------------------

"Strife," I call to my right-hand cloud, interrupting him reading a report from the Storms Landing Storm Base.

The First batches of magically-accelerated-growth crops are ready, as it would seems.

"Yes, my liege?" Strife puts down the report on his desk and turns to me.

"I have some questions that have been bothering me recently, I would like you to answer them." I tell the sentient cloud creature as I take a chair from the corner and sit in front of him, Crossing my legs and laying my hands on my knees.

"I will answer to the best of my ability, your Majesty," Strife says as I get ready to ask my first question.

The question that is unquestionably the most important.

"What happened to my father?"

The cloud takes a moment to ponder the ask, before looking at me and answering "He died fighting your grandfather," That's worrying to hear.

I know the previous storm king was missing, but dead? And fighting his own father, no less?

There is a story there.

"I see..." I murmur to myself, trying to keep a disinterested act ,even though I am more interested than I was when I entered. I can ask questions about my race later, a story about why my father died is the important part.

I mean, He's the OSKs father, not mine. I'm a human!

Need to get my act together it seems.

"Why... Why did he fight my Grandfather?" I ask, hoping for Strife to start telling a story of intrigue and betrayal, George R R Martin will be jealous of.

Strife looks me long in the eyes before averting his gaze to the door of his room, An office space with a cot for him to sleep on. No windows, only one door.

He floats away towards the door of the room before closing it, locking it behind him, before floating back to his chair and sitting down. He wipes a cloud hand across his face, and lets out a tired sigh.