III. Tribute Parade

°•°•[Tribute Parade]•°•°

JULIA WOKE UP early in the morning from a nightmare about the upcoming Games. She then tried to fall asleep again, but the thoughts of the Games haunted her and kept her awake. So, instead of sleeping, Julia took a shower and changed to another set of clothes. 

Soon, there was breakfast, and as soon as they finished it, the train entered Capitol. Julia was amazed. It was as big as her District, of not bigger, but all filled with huge buildings and surrounded by mountains. She watched them move in front of her eyes with awe. 

People were also watching them from besides the rails. Julia woke up from her trans and started waving to them with a forced but better that before smile. Mike joined her side and waved too, trying his best to smile well. 

Train stopped, and Xavier gestured towards the door. Mike and Julia exited, followed by Xavier, Beetee and Mestala, and people were cheering for them. Julia sent kisses into the crowd stiffly, she winked towards people in the crowd, smiled, played her role in a sick game, and Mike followed her example. 

Soon, Julia and Mike were let to Remake Center, where they were escorted do different rooms across each other. 

In Julia's room, there were three people, her prep team, she assumed. Two woman, that introduced themselves as Aemilia and Gaia, and a man named Iasion. Aemilia had purple hair and pink makeup on light yellow skin and white hair. Gaia had golden hair, darker gold makeup and silver skin that was shining. Iasion was the weirdest one; his hair was green with yellow highlights and light blue skin with red freckles. 

Julia's prep team undressed her and laid her down on a bed. They shaved her legs, armpits and private area, and removed every single one of her pimples while complaining a lot about it, followed by washing her hair. They were talking about their life in Capitol, and gosipinig. Julia's ears started to hurt from all of their blabbering, but she couldn't blame them. That was what they were used to. When her prep team was over, they left Julia naked in a room, not bothering to put anything on. And that's when her stylist entered, hands crossed behind his back. 

His hair was white with yellow highlights and he was in his early twenties. He had red eyes and his skin was white with golden tattoos. He wore yellow pants and black shirt. Julia never seen him before on TV during the previous Games, which meant he was a new stylist. 

"My name is Helvius. I'll be your stylist, as you might guess."

"My name is Julia," she blurted out. 

Helvius laughed. "I know. So, for chariot ride, Penelope, Mike's stylist, and I thought about dressing you two similarly, in the same theme. You'll see what I mean." 

"Alright," Julia said, not completely trusting the man. 

"I hope you like your prep team."  

"They are nice. Just... Do they ever stop talking?" 

"Only when they sleep or eat," Helvius laughed and Julia realised he was only joking, then laughed with him. "And believe me, they are much better when you get to know them," Helvius reassured redhead girl. 

Julia smiled. "They better do." 

"C'mon. Let's go eat lunch before I dress you for the Parade," he picked up a simple paper dress from a night stand. "Put this on." 

After she put the paper dress on, Helvius led Julia to his room, which was next to the room in which Julia was first in. The room was big with a lot of windows, and it had a view on the Capitol and the mountains. Helvius ordered them food. Avox came in with their lunch, and Julia and Helvius ate soup first, then steaks with mashed potatoes and for dessert was chocolate cake. Two of them were talking politely, but Julia didn't feel like chatting with anybody in this moment. She is probably going to die in less than ten days, and this man is acting like it's nothing.