IV. Training

JULIA WOKE UP EARLY in the morning, a bit nervous about the training. When she realised she wasn't getting anymore sleep, she got up and took an another hot, long shower. Then Julia dressed in beige jumpsuit with number three on it for training that Helvius left for her and braided her hair into one big braid. A pair of boots was also left next to her bed.

Julia went to eat breakfast after she had dressed, and run into Mike. He wore the same outfit Julia was wearing, just sized for him.

He smiled weakly. "Can't sleep either?"

She frowned. "Not really."

"I was turning all night in my bed."

Julia almost chuckled. "I walked around here a bit before I managed to fall asleep." 

Avox came by served two tributes with their breakfast. They started eating, stuffing their mouths with various types of foods. A lot of baked goods was prepared especially for them, and they ate most of what they were served.

"Who do you think we should try and make an alliance with?" Mike asked, swallowing half of an egg.

"Tucker Smith perhaps... Pearl and Xavier know each other, maybe she'll recommend us for his allies," she suggested.

Julia saw in Mike's eyes that he wasn't sure about his answer. He shrugged. "Perhaps." 

After a bit, Xavier and Beetee joined them for breakfast, followed by Helvius and Penelope. She had green eyes and dark skin, silver hair with grey highlights and pink nails and so shiny make-up that it hurt Julia's eyes, but she seemed nice. She didn't talk much, but a sad smile was always on her face. Unlike most Capitol citizens, she wasn't offensive or over-joyed. The stylist gave an impression of a normal person.

"Ready for training?" Xavier asked the tributes.

"As ready as I can be," Julia answered.

"I'll follow you down there. You know what you have to do," Beetee said. "Just train, and maybe try to find some potential allies, like Tucker." 

Mike nodded. "Yeah, we thought to do so." 

Soon, Julia, Mike and Beetee were going down by elevator. They were first ones to come. The head trainer was already there. She was tall and athletic, with dark skin and brown hair.

"Hi," Beetee said to the Head trainer.

"Good morning. Hi, Beetee," she turned to District 3 tributes. "My name's Atala."

"Good morning," repeated Mike and Julia in sync. The later saw the Gamemakers watching them, and it made her slightly uncomfortable.

After a few minutes, all the other tributes started to come in pairs with their District partners. Julia and Mike stood by themselves, and watched other tributes when Tucker came to them.

"Hi," he said shyly, even though his whole aura radiated confidence.

"Hey," Julia greeted him.

Atala clapped her hands in that moment. "Attention, please!" she yelled. "Listen up, kidos. My name's Atala, I'm the Head trainer here. Your training starts here, and lasts three days. After lunch on the third day, you'll have private sessions with Gamemakers, but I suppose you know all that."

"Yeah, no shit!" the girl from District Two yelled rudely. Julia recalled her name was Naia or Nadia, something like that. "We thought that we're going into arena just today."

"Watch your mouth, girl. It wont do you much good it the arena. In one, two or three weeks tops, twenty-three of you will be dead, and only one of you will be exiting the arena alive. Who is that lucky bastard depends on how well you pay attention over the next three days, especially to what I'm going to say right now. No fighting with the other tributes, you'll have more than plenty of time for that kind of shit in the arena.