VI. Interviews

°•°•[Interviews]•°•°

JULIA GOT TO breakfast along with Beetee. Only Mike and Xavier were there, already eating and talking. 

"I was just talking to Mike about the interviews today. Two of you are going to practice for it today. Julia, you are first going to practice with Beetee, and Mike with me. After lunch, we will switch."

"What exactly are we practicing?" redhead asked. 

"Acting in front of the cameras. Something like that. Things for the interviews." 

"What exactly?" Julia's curiosity got the better of her.

"You'll learn how to walk in heels, how to make people like you." 

"The way you sit," Beetee continued. "The way you talk, what you talk." 

"So, how to get sponsors by acting like I'm from Capitol," Julia said, sitting down and taking scrambled eggs on her plate. 

"Kind of." 

After they had finished eating breakfast, Beetee and Julia went to Julia's room. Beetee taught Julia how to smile better, how to look and act delightful, and only tired to teach her how to walk in heels over 15 centimetres tall, even though her heels probably won't be as tall. It was actually really funny, because Beetee was even worse in walking in heels and he knew nothing about it, and he wasn't any better in acting delightful. After all, though, Julia did learn enough to be representful. She took some things her mentor had shown her and noted a few she certainly won't do.

After a big lunch, Xavier and Julia sat across each other on two couches. 

"So, when you have your three minutes to shine, you have to act certain way and that's what we'll be practicing."

"And how should I act?"

"That's completely your choice. I suggest something you think Capitol people will like, or sympathize with," he said, giving her a reason to think, which was what he wanted. He wanted for her to decide how to act, because that way, it would be easier to get into the part. Then he just had to help her to do it. 

"Perhaps, be sweet. Or, maybe, to make them fell somewhat sorry for me. Or to want me to win more than for others."

"Good, just a bit more specific. How do you think you could do that?"

"A touchy, but believable story, that will make people cry. Or, I could be very funny and reliable."

"Or, you could mix that up," suggested Xavier.

"How?"

"You'll see."

"But, what if people don't like me no matter how I act?"

"People already liked you on Tribute Parade so you have a good start. And if you just be sweet and innocent, maybe send a few more kisses, as you already did, I think you'll totally win them. You would surely win over me," Xavier reassured Julia with a smile. 

"What if they think I'm stupid or ugly?" Julia was became paranoid from all the overwhelming thoughts. If she won't be liked, she won't get sponsors and she will most likely die. I don't want to die, she thought. A thousand more thoughts ran through her head, all related to lack of her self confidence.

"They can't think that because you aren't. You are really smart, and you're beautiful."

Julia blushed slightly on his comment, but he didn't seem to notice. "Thanks." 

Julia's prep team was working on her again. They cleaned her up and made her hair, and did her nails nad makeup. Then, she stepped in front of the mirror again and closed her eyes, knowing her stylist would want so. Helvius gently put dress over her, and redhead felt a nice but expensive fabric on her skin.