ii. begin again

come and get it;❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜❝ she was bold

come and get it;
❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜
❝ she was bold. i liked that ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ellie was not the most upbeat or talkative person while growing up. But being the lead guitarist in The Dunnes gave her so much confidence that the shift in her personality was obvious. The fame and the attention that she got while performing changed her but not for the worse. She was finally out of her shell.

She started to like herself and went out of her way to talk more. That led to her getting even closer to the other boys in the band but also (unfortunately) to Camila. Every single day she seemed to fall more and more in love with her and to her distaste, Camila was too. But she was falling for her brother rather than her.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: I even reached the point where I was confident enough to come out to Graham. I knew that he wouldn't judge me and would never tell anyone anything. Billy, on the other hand, would probably figure out the fact that I was in love with his girlfriend and I don't think that he would be the most supportive person. Graham never looked at me differently and Billy did which terrified me. That was why I'm glad I didn't tell Billy earlier.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Graham..." Ellie spoke up, making her younger brother look up from his guitar to give her a curious look, "I need to tell you something."

He must have sensed how unsure and scared she was. How could he not? Her voice was shaky, her face was pale and she was barely able to look him in the eyes. Graham prided himself in the fact that he could read people well. Especially his siblings.

The curly-headed boy placed his guitar down and sat closer to Ellie on the bed. His eyebrows furrowed and he gave her a small reassuring smile that did not do much to ease her nerves. "What is it?"

There was no right way to tell him what she wanted to tell him. Her fear of him rejecting her, pushing her away, or hating her was huge. But she had to remind herself that that was Graham. He would never hurt a fly let alone his sister.

She nervously swallowed and, after a couple of moments of them sitting in silence, she blurted out. "I like girls." His eyebrows shot up in surprise. 𝘏𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵. Her eyes widened and she quickly added, "Please, don't tell Billy. It was just something I wanted to get off my chest for a while. You are the only person who I thought I could talk to about this."

Graham's features softened the second he saw how genuinely terrified his usually fearless and reckless sister was. He placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it. "I'm not going to tell anyone." Before she could even realize what was going on, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a hug. "You have nothing to be afraid of. Thank you for telling me."