xvi. nothing new

she's gone;❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜❝ she was my person ❞

she's gone;
❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜
❝ she was my person ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: Daisy and I...we both had skeletons in our closet. We were pretty open about it since day one. But when things got real, she ran and I stayed.

I was ready to fight it out and face the consequences of my own actions. She wasn't.

I had no idea where she was but when Billy told me she was no longer in her hotel, I got a little worried.

While I was still feeling guilty about sleeping with Camila, my mind was mainly on Daisy. I woke up and I thought of her and I spent so many sleepless nights with her still on my mind. She was everything.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

When Ellie was not at home writing songs or spending time with Eddie (whom she did not talk to enough while they were recording Aurora), she was partying. Magazines started to love it, especially when Dress started getting nominated for awards. She was a blonde starlet with a good body and a pretty face. That was all that mattered to them.

Ellie thought that them only seeing that part of her was better than them knowing how much she actually hated herself.

"Are you sure you don't want to go with me?" Ellie asked the man in front of her with a small pout on her lips. He was her lifeline and nights out were always better when he went out with her for multiple reasons.

Eddie eyed her with a small grin on his face. His eyes lingered on her gorgeous red dress and the way her wavy hair framed her face. She was perfect to him in every sense. Still, he shook his head and shot her down. "Not tonight, Gabi. I have a headache."

Ellie narrowed her eyes into a glare, although it had no real heat. "You are such a buzzkill."

"Whatever." Eddie scoffed and playfully tugged on her bleach-blonde hair. "Have fun and call me or Graham instead of a taxi when you want to go home."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EDDIE: We spent an entire afternoon together that day. We went out into town to get coffee and eat lunch and then smoked a little in the afternoon. It was nice.

If I knew what was going to happen when she left for that party, I would have gone with her.

It was a mess. She didn't usually have a tendency to stay out until dawn. She usually came home at around four in the morning. We had this tradition of me keeping my bedroom door open and then she would close it when she got home. That way, if I woke up in the middle of the night or in the morning, I had a way of knowing if she had come home or not.

GRAHAM: She was not there when the three of us woke up. Eddie was pacing around the kitchen, worried sick when we got a phone call. Camila told us that Billy got a call from the hospital and that Ellie was admitted to the hospital. Eddie hung up before Camila could even finish her sentence.