iv. the six

i'll take you there;❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜

❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜

❝ what if i just want to be loved? ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"What happened with that producer you went up to?" Eddie asked Camila, who was counting money in the booth. She was sitting between Ellie and Billy, the former practically sitting on Eddie's lap so all seven of them could fit into one booth. "The one with the parrot?"

"Parrot guy passed on us."

Ellie cringed at the response. "That stings."

"That is bleak."

"Might want to save half that toast for tomorrow, Eddie." Camila told Eddie, who was munching on his toast, "This is barely enough to cover the rent."

"Fuck." Eddie muttered and tucked what was left of his toast into the pocket of his shirt, ignoring the look of judgment that Warren sent his way from across the table.

"Fuck it, man. Maybe..." Warren sighed in frustration, "maybe old Chuckie was right, huh? Maybe this was all just a big mistake and that we should have just stayed at home with our moms, saved money on rent, become dentists..."

Eddie almost flinched at the mention of his brother. He looked even more depressed.

"I mean, I've sent out hundreds of photographs, and not a single fucking paper has responded." Camila held a deep frown on her usually bright face. "I mean, should I just quit? No one said it was gonna be easy."

"Also, while we're talking about stuff, how come I'm the only one without a bed in the house?" Warren asked them with narrowed eyes.

Billy gave him a pointed look and deadpanned, "Well, you could've taken Ellie and Karen's room."

"No, I couldn't have." Warren argued, "That room is haunted."

"It's not haunted." Ellie rolled her eyes.

"Everybody knows it's haunted."

Ellie glared at him and opened her mouth to continue arguing when Eddie spoke up.

"I'm getting pocket toast, so..."

"Why are we still called The Dunnes?" Karen blurted out. She wanted to ask them that since she joined the band. She thought that the name made no sense since the start because Warren and Eddie were not Dunnes. So, why pick that name in the first place? "I mean, three of us aren't Dunnes..."