xi. when i was younger

i saw the light;❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜❝ I clearly made the mistake of trusting them not to do anything behind my back ❞

i saw the light;
❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜
❝ I clearly made the mistake of trusting them not to do anything behind my back ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: I did not realize how much of a trainwreck Daisy Jones was until she called me to get her out of jail. But it takes one to know one.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"They made a mistake, and..." Daisy let out a short nervous laugh and leaned her head against the bars of the cell. "I'm not supposed to be in here. Basically they, uh, I was..."

Ellie shook her head. "You don't owe me an explanation."

Daisy looked at her with teary eyes and gave her a thankful nod. She looked like she had a terrible night and Ellie guessed that the last thing she needed was for someone she barely knew to question her about her wrongdoings.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DAISY: She came to get me and I could immediately tell that I interrupted something. It looked like she just got out of a fancy dinner. It was probably a date.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Why did you call me?" Ellie dared to ask once the two of them walked out of the police station. She wanted to keep the questions to a minimum since she bet that both of them could not wait to get home but she was too curious to stay quiet. The cold autumn air brushed along the bare skin of Ellie's arms and she could not help but shiver. "Don't you live here?"

"I'm from Mars, Ella." Daisy leaned against the wall of the building and pulled out a cigarette. "I don't have anyone."

Ellie gave her a strange look, her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes narrowed in clear confusion. "Okay, but how did you get my number?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Daisy lit her cigarette and started to walk away from Ellie and her car.

Ellie watched her leave with her mouth agape. "I actually would!" She called after the redhead who was walking away into the night. "Do you need a ride or something?"

"No thanks!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: She was a weird girl. (Laughs).

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Let's just say we take a vote." Karen suggested as they walked toward the Dunne household. She was walking between Ellie and Graham as they made their way down to the big house.

"What?" Graham stared at the side of her face in confusion. "If Daisy should join the band?"

"Yeah, but not what Billy thinks, what you think." Karen said and gave him a knowing look. Ellie stopped watching Billy through rose-colored glasses years ago but Graham still believed that his words were oath.