iii. making it big

i'll take you there;❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜❝ are you worth it? ❞

❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜
❝ are you worth it? ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

They slept in the van for days until it was time for their meeting with Rod Reyes. All six of them sleeping in Warren's small and unstable van was not a picnic, but Ellie knew that things had to be bad before they got better. They could start at rock bottom before making their way to the top.

The first thing the band and Camila did when they arrived in Los Angeles was visit Rod.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: He opened the door with a cigarette in his hand and a dazed look on his face. From what Billy and Graham told us, I thought that they actually had a meeting with the guy, but he was confused to see us. Still, he let us in. He was the first person to genuinely help us.

Billy took charge with Camila hanging on his arm and told Rod that we needed gigs. He always acted like he was our leader but it only started to really annoy me when we left Pittsburg.

Don't get me wrong, I love my brother. But he could be too much at times.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Preferably on the Strip." Ellie chimed in, giving Rod a determined look. "Places like Whisky or Troubadour. Just somewhere where people come regularly."

"Yeah, and a place to stay." Camila added, making Rod's mouth fall open in disbelief.

Billy nodded at her words, oblivious to the look on Rod's face. "Yeah, I mean, we pooled our savings together, but it's not much."

"We're probably gonna need some money." Warren clarified from next to Ellie, who was standing between him and Eddie with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I mean, just to get us off the ground, you know?" Graham said with a sheepish smile, gracing his lips.

"And, uh, Teddy Price to produce us. That's── that's really important."

Ellie cringed at Billy's words and turned to give Rod a more serious look. The guys looked nervous and unprofessional, so at least one of them had to look like they had their shit together.

"Look, we get that it's a lot. But we have nothing, and we dropped our whole lives to get here." She started, her shoulders stiff and her voice lacking the same anxiety the rest of the guys had while suggesting things. "And we are good. We are really, really good. We would not leave our whole lives behind if we weren't."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ROD: She was probably the only reason I helped them. She was holding that band together and kept them from falling apart before they reached their peak. There was just something about Gabriella Dunne that made people listen to her. Even when she was talking rather than singing.