xv. big reputations

whatever gets you thru the night;❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜❝ I just want a good story ❞

❛ LONG STORY SHORT ❜
❝ I just want a good story ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ellie had no idea what she was thinking. The memory of Camila's lips on hers was something she could never forget and the memory of the way their bare skin pressed up against each other still made her shiver. They did not discuss it, and Ellie hoped she would not bring it up.

She was over her and wanted to keep it that way because she knew there was no hope for them. Not because they were both women but because Camila was married (to Ellie's fucking brother) and had a perfect little girl whose home Ellie could not handle wrecking. If anyone was going to ruin the Dunne's perfect little nuclear family, it would not be Ellie.

When she got to the studio two days after her rendezvous with Camila, everyone was incredibly stressed. Billy gave her a nervous look when she entered the room where the rest of the band was and Daisy gave her an almost mocking smile while the rest of the band avoided her gaze.

Daisy was playing the guitar and opened her mouth to sing the second that the door behind Ellie shut.

"You regret me and I regret you

You couldn't handle the liquor and you can't seem to handle the truth

I'm a slippage in the system and I'm perfectly ready to strike

So go ahead and regret me but I'm not easing up on this mic"

The redhead got up and handed her the sheet of paper. "I wrote one for you this time." Her announcement was proud and the vengeful tone in her voice sent a shiver up Ellie's spine but so did the implication in her words.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ELLIE: If the rest of the band ever noticed anything, they never commented on it.

BILLY: Of course we fucking noticed.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"We already have all the songs on the album. This one isn't getting on it." Ellie told her with a blank look on her face.

"Why?"

"We agreed that all three of us need to approve of a song, right?"

"Why?" Daisy glared at her. "You wrote All Too Well and put it on the album without my approval."

Ellie sighed and looked at the rest of the band (more specifically, at Billy) in hopes that somebody would back her up. When they stayed quiet, she said, "This is different. We already have all the songs."

"Show of hands." Daisy announced. "Who thinks this song should go on the album?"

Daisy raised her own hand and Karen followed suit. Ellie gave the blonde a look of disbelief which caused her to shrug and elaborate, "It's a good song, Ellie. Isn't that what we are all here for?"