chapter 4

The seven members of BTS walked into the conference room. The first thing I noticed was how different they looked. Each one had grown up so much since we were trainees together. They all had dyed hair and had grown much taller. Meanwhile, I was sure I'd stayed at almost the same height as before, and my face hadn't changed that much. It was like looking into a mirror, seeing the version of myself that I could've been.

I introduced myself. "Hello, I'm y/n l/n, and I'm the representative from McDonalds headquarters!" I looked at their faces and was very shocked to see that nobody was looking at me any differently. Well, except Jungkook, who looked like he was thinking deeply about something. So they didn't remember me at all. I was so relieved. If I get to avoid bringing up my past on this trip to Korea, my time here won't be so unbearable!

Summoning the courage, I walked over to each member to shake their hand, making eye contact with each one. I shook Jungkook's hand last, and met his eyes, the ones that had captivated me. When I realized I was staring at them a bit too long, I quickly broke eye contact when and looked down to shake his hand. My sleeve lifted slightly because of the movement, exposing my wristwatch. Jungkook gasped. "So it IS you!" he realized.

Wait, what? He recognized me by my watch?

"Guys, remember y/n?" Jungkook asked. "We were trainees with him back in the day!"

Each member suddenly perked up. "Wait, you're right!" Namjoon exclaimed. Everyone started smiling and waving to me, and I had to awkwardly stand there and force a smile.

"Y/n, do you remember me?" Jungkook asked, grinning at me.

"O-of course!" How could I forget?

Taehyung declared, "Let's all eat dinner at that restaurant we would go to!"

So I was already being invited to dinner? "Sorry, can we do this tomorrow night? I'm very jetlagged from my flight here."

"Sure, y/n!"

"Also, we should go over menu items for the BTS meal right now," I decided. "Let's all sit down at the table."

After everyone was seated, I stood at the front. All eyes were on me. "So...... would four of you guys pick your favorite menu item? We don't have room for all of you because the meal can't be too big. Don't worry, I'll give all of you lines in the commercial."

Jimin started. "I like the sweet chili sauce!"

Jin perked up. "Cajun sauce is also good."

"Okay, let me write that down." I put down both of their menu items on a sheet of paper. "Can two more people also share what they like?"

"Chicken nuggets are my favorite," Taehyung answered.

"Great! Who's the last person who wants to go?"

After a few seconds of silence, Jungkook spoke up. "I like ordering a drink and fries."

I knew it. His order is still the same from when we would get McDonalds together way back when. Remembering all the meaning behind that order, my mouth curved into a sad smile. "Great, thanks everyone! I'll come back with a script prepared, and then we can start filming."

The meeting could have been longer, but I was so jetlagged that I had to start sleeping soon. Everyone waved to me and walked out of the room. Jungkook stayed behind to ask, "You're still coming to the dinner with us, right?"

"Yeah, I'll be there."

"I-it was really nice to see you again," Jungkook added, with a smile so pure that I genuinely smiled back.

"Thanks! And it was nice seeing you."

"Bye, y/n!" Jungkook left, leaving me alone in the conference room again. I sank down in one of the swivel chairs. A drink and fries, huh?

*Flashback*

Exhausted after hours of dancing in the studio, Jungkook and I collapsed onto the floor. "Sooooooo tireddddd....." was all that Jungkook could say.

"Ughhhhh," I responded. I could barely breathe.

Jungkook thought of something. "We should go eat somewhere!"

"Yeah!" I agreed.

We walked out of the training center into the freezing, wintry streets of Seoul. Every time we exhaled, a puff of steam visibly appeared in front of us. The darkened sky was tempered by all the billboards and lit-up storefronts. Suddenly, white dots appeared in front of us, gently falling onto the sidewalk. Was it snowing? It was!

"It's my first time seeing snow," Jungkook confessed, gazing up at the pitch black sky in awe.

"It looks so pretty!" I caught a snowflake in my hands, the contact producing a small burning sensation because of how cold it was. Wondering if I could catch one in my mouth, I walked around with my mouth wide open but ended up bumping into Jungkook, causing us both to fall onto the ground. We tried to contain our laughter but couldn't.

"Let's keep walking," Jungkook said. We walked past store after store until we saw the golden arches of McDonalds. "We should get something there," Jungkook pointed in that direction.

"I don't think management will like that very much," I worried. "They're trying to make us lose weight."

Jungkook shrugged. "Who cares?" Then he sprinted across the street, forcing me to run after him. I almost tripped on my feet, but made it across, out of breath again. "You're so slow," he teased.

"Shut up." I pretended to narrow my eyes at Jungkook, but couldn't keep a straight face and smiled. We went to the register to order our meal. "A drink and fries, please," I told the person taking our order.

"What kind of drink?"

"A Coke."

"And you?" The lady stared at Jungkook.

Jungkook responded, "I'll get the same thing he's getting." He looked at me.

After getting our food, we sat down at a booth. "Really, y/n? A drink and fries? You couldn't get something more filling?"

"No, so why did you order the same thing as me?" I questioned Jungkook.

"I don't know." Jungkook shrugged.

I grinned and rolled my eyes. Then I quickly attacked my fries, the soft, savory, taste warming me up inside and slowly melting away the cold I felt.

"Y/n, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"What's your dream?"

That was a good question. "Ummmmm... I guess it would be to travel the world and see new places. I'd love to go to all the corners of the globe. What about you?"

"I guess the same as you. I also like traveling."

"We better get into the group together and become famous, right? So we can go on a world tour to as many places as we can?" I asked Jungkook, imagining all the possibilities.

Jungkook and I shared a smile, a pure, innocent one that I wished would last until the end of time. "Yeah, let's get in together! I'll go anywhere you go, y/n!" he exclaimed.

I blushed. The future didn't seem too bad at all!

*Flashback ends*

All I wanted to do was sleep. I mentally congratulated myself for getting to the end of the day, even though it was so draining. As soon as I entered my hotel room, I showered, unpacked, and got under the covers. In no time at all, I was in deep sleep.