chapter 11

"Awww, you have to leave already?' Chaeyoung asked during breakfast.

Last night, since I couldn't sleep in my parents' house as planned, I grabbed my bags and walked along the meandering streets lit up by lampposts until I reached by best friend's house. Chaeyoung answered my knocks on the door and upon seeing me, her face lit up. " I KNEW you would do it!"

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Of course you did. My parents weren't too happy about it though. As you can tell, they kicked me out until I come back and apologize."

"That should show them," Chaeyoung grinned. "How do you feel about it?"

I took a moment to think. "I feel like I'm finally moving on, you know? Like there's this knot in my heart and I'm slowly starting to untie it."

Chaeyoung suddenly hugged me. "I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks!" I slowly pulled away from the hug. "Well, I'm pretty tired after that argument. Can I set up a bed here?"

"Of course," Chaeyoung replied. "You're always welcome, y/n."

Now, while eating cereal together, Chaeyoung was giving me a look. "What is it?" I asked, smiling apprehensively.

"Soooo, now that you've completed Step 1 of your moving-on process, it's time for Step 2!"

I raised my eyebrows. "Oh no, I think I'm not gonna like what you want me to do."

"This is for your own good, y/n," Chaeyoung smirked. "Anyways, Step 2 is ... confessing your true feelings to Jungkook!"

I immediately slumped my head on the table. "No, I don't want toooo..."

"Come on, y/n! You and Jungkook need to have a heart-to-heart conversation. You two clearly have conflicts that need to be resolved. Part of the reason you can't move on is because you hid your true feelings from Jungkook. And you're still hiding some of them."

"What if I like hiding my feelings?" I mumbled, my face still slouching on the table.

Chaeyoung covered her face with her hands in frustration. "That's not true. I know there's a part of you that wants to let it out! And Jungkook even said it himself - he loves you! By confessing to him, you have nothing to lose. Ughhhh, it's like watching the slowest of slowburns in real life!"

I sighed. "Okay, I'll see what I can do."

In a split second, Chaeyoung's face changed from frustrated to excited. "Great! When you do, make sure to tell me all about it! I'll be your relationship's number one fan!"

After packing up and saying my goodbyes to Chaeyoung, I made my way to the train station. After getting on the train, I started typing up a script for the McDonald's commercial. It was fairly straightforward since the ad is only 30 seconds and the members only list out the items and not much else. When I was done with the script, I simply looked out the window.

Suddenly I got an idea. Maybe part of the moving-on process could be listening to BTS! Maybe by exposing myself to their music, it would help me get over some of my sadness. After all, Jungkook said that when he made and sang those songs, it was all meant for me. And what was his special song for me? Oh right, it was called 'Euphoria.'

Pulling out my phone, I opened Spotify and found the song. Hearing Jungkook's amazing voice was enough to make me tear up.

You are the sunlight that has risen again in my life

너는 내 삶에 다시 뜬 햇빛

The Second Coming of My Childhood Dreams

어린 시절 내 꿈들의 재림

I don't know what this feeling is

모르겠어, 이 감정이 뭔지

Could this be a dream too?

혹시 여기도 꿈속인 건지

The dream is a blue mirage in the desert

꿈은 사막의 푸른 신기루

Deep inside me, a priori

내 안 깊은 곳에 a priori

I'm so happy that I can't breathe

숨이 막힐 듯이 행복해져

The surroundings become more and more transparent

주변이 점점 더 투명해져

I can hear the sea from far away

저기 멀리서 바다가 들려

Across the dream, beyond the bush

꿈을 건너서 수풀 너머로

Go to the place where it becomes clearer

선명해지는 그곳으로 가

Take my hands now

You are the cause of my euphoria

After the song ended, I smiled. Chaeyoung was right. Now, I knew what I had to do.