Chapter 9: Tournament Part 1!

"Ladies and gentlemen! It's almost time for our final round! But before that, good news for everyone that didn't make the finals! We prepared some super fun side games that everyone can be interested in! We even brought in cheerleaders to get the blood pumping!" Present Mic said as almost everyone got back from their break. Nothing of note happened, Luffy ate almost as much food as there was, Izuku and Todoroki had an interesting little chat and the girls of class 1-A were tricked. "Hold on."

"…What are they doing?" Said Aizawa with wide eyes as he looked at his girl students.

"Looks like class 1-A is going full-on fan service!" Present Mic said as a lot of the boy's participants were blushing at the fact that the girls were wearing cheerleader uniforms.

"Shishishsihsihsishi!" Luffy laughed while clutching his stomach and pointing at the girls. "You guys look so ridiculous! Shishishi"

"L-Luffy! Don't laugh!" Momo said with a very heavy blush on her face. "I can't believe I let myself get tricked by that little pervert again."

"I even used my quirk to make these outfits." Momo said as she plopped to the ground.

"Oh, c'mon. You couldn't have known." Uraraka said as she put a comforting hand on her shoulder while also slightly glaring at a laughing Luffy. "Besides, we were all tricked." She knew Aizawa wouldn't have made them wear these outfits if only she went with her gut instinct.

"Now now, girls! I appreciate a woman trying to draw attention to herself as much as the next heroine." Midnight said on her microphone which caused a sea of denials to come from the cheerleaders. "But we must make preparations to see who will be fighting whom! So come closer everyone!"

As Midnight said this, every participant drew closer, be they cheerleaders or otherwise.

"Oh man, I can't wait to get this started! I have always watched the sports festival on my TV, but to actually be here!" Kirishima said as he was brimming with excitement. "It feels surreal!"

"What are we gonna do anyway?" Luffy said as he was walking side-by-side with Kirishima, still recovering from the fit of laughter he had to endure earlier.

"Well every year is different, last year they held a foam sword competition." Sero said as he held a finger up, slightly in the back. "But It will involve some sort of battle, that much is for sure."

After some bickering about there being too many participants and whatnot, a majority of team Kendo chose to withdraw, leaving only Ibara Shiozaki and Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu. After they have said their emotional goodbyes and promises of winning, Midnight proceeded with the tournament, showing who will be fighting whom.

"Ashido?" Luffy asked himself as he saw the brackets. Unbeknownst to him, a pink-skinned girl was severely sulking. "Who's that?" (So I'll be keeping the fights normal, I only switched Aoyama with Luffy.)

"Dammit, I at least wanted to make it past the first round." Mina said as she dropped her pompoms. She had no hope of winning besides pure dumb luck.

"Ah don't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine!" Toru cheered her best friend on, only for Mina to look at her like 'Are you serious?'. "Well you at least made it to the tournament, I didn't even get past the cavalry battle."

"Well, we always have next year." Mina already accepted her fate, with Toru right behind her

"Now that we have decided who our duelists will be, let's enjoy the side games!" Midnight said as she walked off with a little strut in her.

Several minutes later, Luffy decided to check up on Momo. At the moment she was trying to think of a strategy against Tokoyami while also putting in her bare minimum into cheerleading. "Hey Momo, how you doing?"