Chapter 22: Ultimate Moves!

U.A. Dorms

The Same Morning.

Luffy and Momo were walking side by side, Luffy being a little further on then Momo because he was walking with newfound determination. He was wearing his hat, something Momo was thankful for, and also bore the huge smile that Momo's been missing. He was walking like he just found out what Christmas is. They were walking in comfortable silence, which was a surprise for Momo since she thought Luffy would have talked her ear off, but she wasn't gonna question it, maybe he just needs a buffer? She thought.

"We're almost there. I'm guessing most of our classmates are already awake, even if it is the weekend. They're all probably getting ready for their workouts." Momo said to fill the empty air. "Since we're all living together, they all found a workout partner."

"Oh! I didn't think about that. I wonder who's working out with who?" Luffy said in a cheery manner.

"Well, from what I've heard, Kirishima and Bakugou are going to the gym together. Iida likes to run marathons, unfortunately, nobody's fast enough to keep up with him. Sero and Kaminari like to team up sometimes. Mina likes to gather up as many of the girls and guys as she can to have a work out group, she tried asking me sometimes but I never accepted." Momo talked.

"Why not?" Luffy asked.

"Umm, It's a bit embarrassing to say but I was the one who had to look after you." Momo said while looking down and rubbing her arm. "But it's not that I didn't want to work out with them, I just couldn–"

*Bonk*

"Ow!" Momo yelped in pain after Luffy lightly hit her head, he had an uncharacteristically frustrated expression on his face. "Wha–"

"You Idiot! Why were you looking after me, when I was perfectly fine by myself?!" Luffy said, slightly raising his voice, as he stopped and started pointing a finger at Momo.

"Huh? In case you forgot, you were just moping around all day, barely touching your food!" Momo said as she quickly forgot about her head pain and adopted an annoyed expression on her face. Now, Momo's a smart girl, she knows that Luffy is saying this out of concern for her, and she also knows that Luffy isn't really mad, just being overprotective right now. However, from what she knows, siblings are supposed to bicker so she also isn't really mad, more so she's playing along with Luffy. Plus, she liked seeing Luffy get mad—it was like a puppy trying to protect its owner, cute and amusing.

"It wasn't that bad!" Luffy said. It was that bad,

"Oh yeah? Then why did you never eat? You only did when I forced you!" Momo said, adopting an aggressive stance.

"I never ate when you forced me! I did it because I wanted to!" Luffy refuted.

"Really? Then look straight into my eyes and tell me that you would have eaten if i didn't force you!" Momo exclaimed, fixing a piercing gaze on Luffy's eyes.

"...I would've eaten." Luffy stammered, with a waterfall of sweat on his face while he was looking away. Right after he finished he tried to whistle, failing. Luffy's terrible skills in lying came to his detriment once again.

"Ha! See!" Momo said while pointing her finger victoriously.

"Tsk" Luffy said in defeat as he hung his head in annoyance, he wasn't really in a place to argue when Momo held all the cards. Momo felt a unique sense of victory, it wasn't like winning first place or beating the other kid at a game. It felt more personal. "Still, you should've gone to train. It's not like I'm a baby you know."

"Sure, sure, if you say so." Momo said as she took a more motherly attitude towards the sulking Luffy. Now she had a choice, whether to revel in her victory or let it go. On one hand, this is their first sibling quarrel and she does feel like celebrating, on the other Luffy just came out of a terrible, life-threatening experience. "If you feel really that bad, then you could join me on the next workout session."