Prologue

Warning before reading this chapter, it has suicidal thoughts. If you are uncomfortable with it, kindly skip to the next chapter.
Thank you for reading.

Prologue

He was drowning himself in the liquor in his hand. He could not continue his life like this. He was tired, drained, and stressed. He could not continue living like this, and everything was falling apart. He tried to be strong, but it was impossible when still shackled by the voices.

"Die," the voice whispered to him. The monsters within him were talking to him. The voices were clouding his thoughts.

"What's the meaning of living when you've no one," the voice jeered, "you are no one, just die and let everyone be free," another stab in his heart. "Well, no one would notice you are missing."

"You are a mistake!" he heard his mother's voice ringing through his head, and he groaned tiredly, slapping himself.

What was his purpose for living when his mother despised him?

When he never knew what love and kindness were.

Death would be the only solution.

His mother and he, too, would be free from his mess.

He drowned himself more, feeling lightheaded as he walked wobbly on his heavy legs, giggling at how his legs intertwined while humming.

He never wished to be born; it wasn't his fault; he was just a child, a kid wanting affection.

He was drowning in himself.

He didn't want all that they whispered behind his back and front to affect him, but they were already affecting him. His eyes were clouded with unshed tears.

He was trying to fight it, masked it, and faked it, but he was losing it… he was tired.

Drowning.

Fading.

Crying.

Screaming.

Dying.

But… he was no longer Wishing, hoping, and dreaming; he just wanted to escape the never-ending nightmare.

The cold breeze was whooshing lightly; the night was dark, with no stars or moon.

He threw the liquor bottle away and walked staggering towards the ocean to end his pain. To forget everything. To escape the taunting memories. To escape everything.

It was funny how he had lived his life for over twenty years and never thought of this easiest way to escape. He paused a little, frost air coming out of his parted lips as he stared at the sky again.

Would she miss me when I'm gone?

Would she regret pushing me away?

Would she love me if I'm gone?

He shook his head vehemently, not wanting to give himself a hopeless thought; she would be free from him. She would enjoy her life again; she would be bound to a mistake for a son.

It was a better decision for her and him.

He would miss her though, because she never left him; she was always there, which was okay sometimes.

He walked deeper inside the ocean. When he got to the middle, he put his head inside, and closed his eyes while he waited for a sweet escape - death.

And he was finally drowning.

He was finally free.

He was finally escaping.

He was finally leaving this world.

He finally felt peace

Meanwhile, in the ocean, she saw him sinking and, in panic, came to his rescue, forgetting she was breaking the rules.

First, do not wander around the seashore.

Second, do not help any creatures of the land.

Third, do not use your power on land.