Six

Chapter 6

Ronan felt an arm wrapped protectively around him and the weight of heavy pressure. He groaned, fluttering his eyes open to see a sleeping Aerwyna on top of him

When did she come here? He thought as a smile stretched on his lips. He looked at the rise and fall of her chest.

Her face looked peaceful, and he was just seeing her closely. Her eyelashes were thick and long, trembling gently on her face as her button nose perked up a little as he trailed his eyes to her lips — her rosy, plump lips staring at him innocently.

He blinked twice, feeling himself excited just by looking at her lips as He cleared his throat, trying to change the direction of his thoughts. But it was imp when she used the moment to toss to the other side, perfectly setting her thigh on his lower part.

He cleared his throat again, and his length was getting up. He wasn't a pervert but to have a gorgeous angel on top of you could cause it. Even a eunuch would rise from it. He thought and slowly pushed her away.

Damn! Ronan's ears were pink, flustered by his dirty thinking. He shook his head, smacking his forehead, before stretching and taking his phone to call for pizza.

He dropped his phone and went to the bathroom to do the morning rituals, his desire long forgotten. The moment he stepped out of the bathroom, the door was knocked, and he went to collect the pizza from the delivery guy. He'd ordered an extra large size and a small size.

"The food is here," he murmured, only to see her already seated in an Indian style with her tongue dangling in between her lips anticipatedly. He stared at her. She didn't look like someone who had just woken up.

As he opened the lid, Aerwyna didn't even wait for him to put the cover away before she dungs him after saying, "thank you for the food!"

The human world was really amazing, and if she could have a chance to be back at sea, she would surely tell the tales of her adventures.

The smell of meat assaulted her nostrils before he opened the door, making her stomach grumble slowly. Her eyes kept staring at him as she waited for him to feed her.

Aerwyna had woken up before he did, just staring at him contentedly. She was the Princess and had met many people in the sea, but no one was as beautiful as Ronan. His skin was soft like her favourite snack, and the mole under his lips looked like the crispy millet from the sea. When she noticed the change in his breathing, she shut her eyes, pretending to be asleep.

Aerwyna sighed, nibbling her hands, feeling the claws protruding out. She'd never heard or seen anything like this in her life. It was different from what she ate under the sea.

Mermen eat the flesh of drowning humans or fish. She took a slice carefully after saying her prayers as she put it in her mouth. The spiciness trickled her tongue, feeling her eyes getting teary; she had never eaten spicy food but whatever! She wouldn't miss out on the taste of new food.

Aerwyna stuffed the whole slice in her mouth, one after the other, munching them happily as her nose itched and watery from the spicy yet didn't stop. After eating, she was dehydrated and went to the room she had transformed yesterday while she could feel his gaze watching her like a hawk.

She closed the door behind her and grinned happily as she saw the clean water in the big bowl. Though this water wasn't like the ocean water, water was still water as she bent and dripped her head in the bowl.

"What are you doing?!" a thundered voice said behind her as she was held back by Ronan, who had followed her to the bathroom while Aerwyna stared at him dumbfounded. What did it look like I was doing? I'm doing water! She grumbled under her breath.

"This is not drinkable water," he rubbed his head, helping her up before taking her out of the bathroom. This was getting complicated; how could he teach a mermaid that a bathtub is for bathing, not for drinking?

Aerwyna trailed behind him without putting up a fight. She didn't understand why he stopped her from drinking the water. He took her to another room that she knew was called the kitchen, then stopped at a big box. A big rectangular box called a refrigerator and took out a bottle of water for her.

She collected it, staring at the water flowing in the plastic in awe. Woah! Humans are unique, holding water in a bottle. She looked at the blue lid, grinned stupidly and bit it.

"No," Ronan shook his head before sighing tiredly, then collected the bottle from her, "You open it like this," she watched her intently as he placed his hand on the blue lid, opened it, and then handed it back to her.

"Woah!" her eyes showed pure fascination before gulping down the water.

Ronan patted her hair, fondling it before cautioning himself and making a list of what to teach her. He rechecked the list and took her to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

"Sometimes when a human wakes up, he either brushes his teeth or does something else but here, make sure to brush before food," he stated, taking the extra toothbrush and giving it to her before holding the paste.

"This is called toothpaste. It used to clean the teeth," he rambled, touching his teeth, then put the paste in the toothbrush while Aerwyna watched him carefully and nodded her head in understanding. He put the brush in his mouth, "You do it like this," he said, brushing his teeth. When he was done, he spat it out and motioned her to brush her teeth.

Aerwyna tilted her head, staring at the paste in awe before she tasted it and commented, "tasty," her eyes widened.

Ronan stopped her, "No, no," he shook his head, "it's not edible. It meant to spit spit out," he admonished while Aerwyna nodded. After brushing her teeth, she spat out the paste and drank the water she was supposed to clean her mouth.

"It's not drinkable!" Ronan face-palmed himself; this was harder than he thought.

After all the cautioning and shouting through the brushing process, he took out the soap. "so…" he dragged, "this is called soap; it is used for washing your body," he said, handing her the strawberry soap. He turned to take the sponge only to see her wanting to put the bar in her mouth.

"It's not edible either!"

"But it smells nice," she grumbled, looking at the soap hungrily.

Ronan pinched the bridge of his nose, gave her the sponge and left her to do her business. He placed the towel and one of his smallest sweatshirts for her to wear after her bath.

It was more complicated than he thought!