𝒕𝒆𝒏

•❅───✧. ° . • . ✿ . • . ° .✧───❅•

[ CHAPTER TEN ]

     𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐋 on Valyria, for the Valyrians were far too gready, some books said. The others tell a different tale, they say, that Old Valyria fell because of the Rhoynar and the Mother Rhoyne, and because of their revenge. Either way, the doom hit the Empire of Old Valyria like a raging storm, and the foutheen flames ( the volcano range that the Old Valyria was built upon, and the volcanoes that the Valyrians named their Gods after ) spit fire so hot, even the dragons burned in the far sky.

Every hill for five hundred miles exploded, filling the air with ash and smoke and fire. The Earthquakes destroyed palaces, temples, and towns, while lakes boiled or turned to acid. The fiery mountains of Valyria sent molten rock a thousand feet into the air, and red clouds rained down dragonglass upon the Valyrians. The cataclysm fragmented the peninsula, urrounding Valyria into numerous smaller islands and creating the Smoking Sea between them.

Only few houses of Valyrian descent remained in the known World. The houses themselves were little known before the Doom, but soon after, every man or woman with high status came to them, begging for them to wed into their own house, for the fair traits of the Valyrian houses was a rare thing, now, that is. Out of the dozen houses which had survived the Doom, only three rose to true power.

The House of the Targaryens, which had already been powerful, even in the days of the Old Valyria, had rose to rule over the Seven Kingdoms of the Western part of the world. But even before they had been named as the Kings and Queens of Westeros, they bore the title of the Lord and Lady of Dragonstone, the stony, smoking isle in the Gullet.

The House Velaryon was an ancient and proud house, with the blood of Old Valyria in its veins, they had come to Westeros even before the Targaryens, if their family histories can be believed, settling in the Gullet, on the low-lying and fertile isle of Driftmark ( so named for the driftwood that the tides brought to its shores ) , rather than on Dragonstone.

The most Royal and Ancient House of Valeanor was the last, but not the least powerfull, of the houses that had survived the Doom of Valyria. They were the different kind of a house, while their Kings and Queens would stay in Valea with their eldest child, the younger ones would go to Valyria, and serve as the Lords and Ladies of the House Valeanor of Valea and the Freehold of Old Valyria.

And so, like in the Old Valyria, the Targaryen rule was failing, slowly and miserably.

"Mama, why are we getting dressed so early?" Vaelor muttered as Aemond and Aeleanor prepared him and his sisters for the coronation of Aegon II Targaryen.

"Because, your grandmother, Alicent, wishes to start a war with your grandsire Daemon, and your aunt Rhaenyra. Also, your uncle, Aegon, is becoming the King today."Aeleanor said in a quick sentance, as if she were trying to humiliate her husband and his mother by her words, in the front of his children.

"I wish for Rhaenyra to be our ruler, not Aegon, I want a Queen, not a King!" Vaelor protested, letting his little wrath on his father, as he tried his best to button-up the shirt of the young boy of almost three summers.

"Rhaenyra will be our Queen, my dearest love, in this life, or the next," Aeleanor wished not to lie to her children, but at the times like these, she was desparate for a way to soothe their fears, or her own fears."Our Queen of Life and Death, but for a time, Aegon will be our King, the King of Ash and Fire."The words threatening to spill from her lips were the ones that were the most true ones. Our Doom. That was what Aegon was, the fall of their family, their dinasty, and their bloodline.