Chapter 14

I woke up and felt as dry as the Sahara Desert on a summer's day on the inside out. I think I have learnt my lesson with alcohol until I feel better again.

Domenico walked in the room dressed in a navy-blue suite, white shirt, dark brown dress shoes and hair gelled back. He looks like a snack, not that my virgin ass would know, but still can't believe he's mine. I give him a smirk and he bend down and give me a soft kiss on my lips.

"There's some aspirin and water on the bedside table. My heart flutter at the thought as I sit up against the headboard with my back and pat the seat next to me. He come and sit next to me and lift me up and put me on his lap giving me a hug.

"Babe, I'm gonna have to cancel on you this morning. You will have to take the car to campus because something came up with a company that need financial help from me, or they will unfortunately have to close their doors. He along with his team" he lifts his wrist to check the time "will arrive at the office in fifteen minutes. Unless you want to skip and come to the office with me?" he questions.

I role off his lap onto the bed and groan into the pillow. "That was not what I wanted to hear".

"I know babe, but I'll come to your apartment later today. Let me know when you get to campus and let me know when you arrive at home. Ok?" he says while rubbing his hand up and down my back. I felt a sting on my but and totally forgot I only had underwear on underneath this t-shirt. "Did you just smack my but" I ask looking up at him awaiting an answer.

"Yup, now lift that sexy ass and jump in the shower. I'll see you later. He kisses me on top of my head. I stretch my arms out for a hug and he wraps his arms around my body "I will miss you today. I got so use to us always being together the last couple of days"

"I Know but I'll come to your place tonight" I get a last kiss on my lips and just like that he leaves.

Once I was done with my shower, I got dressed and headed to the kitchen to get a bottle of water. I have to hydrate so I can get my energy back. I see a note on the microwave reading breakfast. Aah he is too precious, will thank him later.

I head downstairs with all my bags and that includes the stuff from the shopping trip as well.

I drive off to campus deciding not to listen to music as it will hurt my head more. As I pull up to the campus all eyes are on the car. I park and make a quick escape into the building hoping this day does not drag any longer than it should.

Domenico's POV

To say I'm pissed is an understatement of the century. I wanted to take Olivia to school today and pick her up again, but a property developer ran out of money midway through his latest project. How do you take on such a big task and you know you don't have the money should expenses increase? Guess I must find out. I normally don't let people summons me as they wish but I had to be there anyway to sign off some paperwork as the due dates are today.

I step into the building with everyone greeting and me just nodding in response. Yes, I'm a prick, but who cares anyways.

I greet my secretary who hands me a cup of coffee and the file I requested on this company. I enter the board room "Good Morning, everyone" I stretch my hand out to Mr. Scott and the two other guys with him. They introduce themselves as the CFO and COO, with Scott being the CEO.

"What brings you here Mr. Scott?" I ask as I look him in the eye. You can see he does not like the fact that a kid is treating him like an equal or that he has to come and beg the kid to help him. He looks to be in his fifties with the other two in their forties.

"Mr. Mancini, thank you for your time. Let me jump straight into it. I am busy building an apartment complex and money has been tight as we are running two projects simultaneously. We need help with the funding in order for us to complete and we will then repay you in less then six months as the building should be completed within a month if funding is enough.

I nod "How much are we talking about and what guarantee do I have that your project will be a success?"

"We still need about twenty million to complete the block of three hundred and fifty apartments. I have assets such as properties I will give as surety. My beach house in the Bahamas and my Villa in Miami will more then cover everything, should the project fail, but I know it won't"

The CEO, who's name I do not care to remember hands me a file with all the detail about the project that they think I need".

"My secretary will contact you in about three hours" I tell him.

"Mr. Mancini, Thank you very much. I hope to hear from you soon" he says holding his hand out. We shake and part ways. Once they are in the lift and on their way down my secretary is next to me also looking in the direction I am. She turns "the personal file you wanted on him" she hands me a blue file.

I take it and now had three files to go through. One on his company, one he gave and another on his personal life. It is always better to do your own homework.

I enter my office and start going through my files my staff got on him. After one solid hour, I was able to work through all the information on his company from his company file and mine. I must say his people are good, but my people are better.

He takes money from the company to fund his posh cars and lifestyle. He is sending more then he makes in a month and is way pass his ears in debt. His report hides the truth but mine reflect the truth.

I open his personal file and see that" he has been married for fifteen years to a woman named Julia Scott. He is a family man that loves to spoil his daughter who is a spoilt socialite names Sophia Scott but is not his biological daughter as Julia had her from a previous relationship. The company belonged to his Lisa Smith, his first wife. His daughter is the sole heir of the business and could not inherit at the time of her mother's death as she was only five years old at the time".

Why does this story sound so familiar.

"She passed in a car accident according to news reports, but her death was ruled a homicide as her car was tampered with. The perpetrator has not been found and case was moved to the cold case department due to no new leads coming through. Mr. Scott took over full ownership due to his daughter still being a minor at the time as she was the full heir after her mother's passing. The daughter named Olivia Scott is to receive full ownership on her twentieth birthday".

"WTF! Why didn't Olivia tell me Victor Scott is the bastard's name. I did not want to ask her at the time as I didn't want her to think I'm nosy. I wanted Olivia to tell everything to me herself when she was comfortable sharing it"

I have to go see Olivia as in now. I message her asking what time her classes end and she responds immediately "in fifteen minutes as the other class was cancelled due"

I ask her to go straight to her place and I'll meet her there now. I walk to the elevator with my secretary following behind me waiting for instruction. "I'll call or message you shortly with the response on today's meeting. I'll sign the paperwork tomorrow. I just have an urgent matter to resolve now" She just nod and walk back to her office. She's not a very social person but that's how I prefer it.

I reach Olivia's place in fifteen minutes and decide to let myself in. Olivia is aware that I have a key to her place the same as her having one to mine. I get a water bottle from her fridge and go sit and wait in the living room.

Twenty minutes later Olivia walks in looking at me frowning "What's wrong?" She asks.

"Why didn't you tell me that your dad is "Victor Scott, the property developer?"

"Her eyes go wide, and she drops all her bags at her feet in shock. "How did you find out he's, my dad?"

I decide to tell her everything. From how the meeting came about to what I found out and why he came to see me. Now we must figure out a strategy to get my baby's company back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                             AN

                        Hi, thank you for taking the time to read my book. Don' t forget to vote :)