37. Don't Run Away

"A tragedy, when a mature mind and a romantic heart are in the same body."

_

_

"Alright, I'll tell you."

Jungkook got his hands clamped behind his nape as he stood up. Rest them free. Inserts them in his sweatpants pockets. Ducks his head back and pinches his brows together for a few good seconds.

And you're staring, staring and staring. Waiting for the tale to unfold. It's itching your insides.

"Jennie..." he starts, lowers his head and looks ahead.

You are sitting in anticipation. Anxiousness crippling your mind and you want nothing but to put a stop to it.

Jungkook's back is beautifully reflecting amidst the moon's shine. He's so perfect. So good-looking. So nice. Soft-hearted, filled with so much love. It's like a catastrophe to have this disaster happening.

"When I went in, she thanked me for being there for her." He continues, whereas you sit, waiting for the bomb to tick in. There was definitely something wrong or Jungkook wouldn't beat around the bush to get to the point. He's hesitant to say further, and it's only scaring you.

"And what went wrong?" You let out after a half minute of silence.

He's sighing, shaking his head in denial. Hands together, pressing against each other heels. "She gifted me the key to the padlock of love. The one from the infamous lovers spot Namsan Tower."

He keeps spewing out words and there are bullet wounds everywhere on you.

He dares to not look behind his shoulder. Not really prepared to see that panic on your face yet. There's so much more to say and conclude. "Said she wanted to start dating me." A confession comes forward, and it's as if your oxygen has been seized by the mere simple words.

Oh, what has happened to you and your life?

"What did you say, then?" You're shocked that you're still able to talk, communicate and listen. It's just so hard to believe and understand.

Jungkook walks further. Still not meeting your eyes. Hands on the window slap. He slides the panes up higher to look at the empty sky. Wind flowing in and slapping two of you on your face with reality. So uninviting and mean.

"I just said, maybe now it's not the best time and both of us need time to think through." He rubs his hands on his face. "She didn't expect that coming–but I just brushed it using some lame excuse—" He breathes hard. Shrugs. "It-it—was hard to lie. Y/n, I genuinely think we should talk to her about this before it's too late."

And this time he turns behind his shoulder to see you and you're making your way to him. He watches you stand beside him and stare at the starry night. Your beautiful hair flowing against the wind. Eyes shining under lights. You were so beautiful.