One

The large house was completely quiet except for the AC and fans that were on full blast. Most of the fans were aimed at the living room wall, where Bosco's most recent painting was currently drying. With Daya's approval, Bosco had been painting wherever she could now that the walls of her art room were completely covered after months of work.

Outside was where the real noise was. Bosco pulled herself up out of the pool, where she had been cooling off after all of her painting. She shook her head, her hair spraying water everywhere as she turned to look back down. "You're not as graceful as a mermaid like Gigi and Camden are."

Maddy huffed, pulling herself up and out beside her as they sat on the edge of the pool. "I finally agree to play mermaids with you and that's the thanks I get?"

Bosco giggled, swinging her legs in the water as she looked out towards the setting sun. "Yep." She said with a smile, letting the slight breeze against her water speckled body cool her off.

The past few months had been some of the happiest of Bosco's life. Daya treated her like a princess, she was growing more confident with herself and with her interactions with Get Dusted's fanbase, and she had experienced so many things she never thought she would. Daya was everything she could ask for and more in a partner, and it might've taken a bit to believe it, but Bosco finally felt like she was deserving of all of this.

"When's Daya coming home?" She asked, yawning softly as Maddy stood up from the side of the pool.

"Shouldn't be too long now, but studio days are always unpredictable." Maddy tossed a fluffy towel over to her.

Bosco had tried to go with Daya, but her girlfriend had insisted that she would be bored sitting behind a soundboard with Deja and Orion all day. So Maddy was left to entertain her and keep her company throughout the day, but it was evident that her separation anxiety wasn't exactly the lowest.

"No texts yet?" Bosco asked, holding the towel over her shoulders and staring down into the water.

"Not yet. It's hard for her to be on her phone much while in the studio." Maddy explained. "Deja gets too paranoid that any sort of texting or taking pics could potentially leak the music they're working on."

Bosco nodded a little, and Maddy gently nudged her shoulder. "Come on, let's get inside. She'll be home soon."

Bosco finally pulled herself up from the edge of the pool, drying herself off before she followed Maddy back into the house. She was thankful for the chill when she stepped through the patio doors. She absolutely hated the heat. It messed with her sensory issues when it came to her clothes by making everything feel like it was sticking to her skin. And it stopped her from being as clingy and cuddly with Daya because it just got too hot.

But she somehow made do. Daya kept her from getting too frustrated about it. Something about her presence was calming and comforting enough to keep Bosco from getting too overwhelmed.

She waited for Daya to come home so she could shower with her instead of alone, settling for changing into a pair of panties and laying back on the bed. Fendi curled up beside her, having become attached to her second mom over the past few months.

Bosco busied herself by answering Angie's usual texts. Yes she took her meds. Yes she was doing good. Yes she was being treated right. No Daya hadn't hurt her at all. No she didn't want to leave. Angie might've gone down a bit on the protective scale, but there were questions she asked Bosco almost everyday.

Irene was pretty much the same. Bosco ended up answering all of her and Angie's questions before they could even ask them most of the time. They worried too much and sometimes she wondered if they had really learned not to be so protective. But despite that, she still missed them. She loved her new life with Daya, but she still missed her friends a lot and wasn't sure when she'd get to see them next.