One Shot(2)

"Excuse me," Rena says.

"Ah?! O-Oh it's you. Hi."  Liam jolts and says. He was talking to Samuel a minute ago at the corner of the room.

The children play around the large room with books and toys. With the rows of bookshelves, it used to be a library until the army use it for accommodation.

"Who...were you talking to?" She asks.

"My brother."

"The one the kids talked about?" Rena looks at the kids.

"Yeah."

She nods and mumbles "I see...Arsto..."

!

Liam was whispering into the communication orb yet Rena could pick it up from across the room; He immediately understands Samuel's warning.

Compared to her firm and powerful self when her armour was on, the current gentle Rena wears a simple blue dress that matches her eyes. Rena can be a normal girl if she wants to.

Liam feels a slight attraction to Rena.

He sighs at his unprecedented feelings and reminds himself of true reality, trying to force the feelings away.

Later at night, the young merchant girl that followed Rena into Rodgof visits Rena's room.

She enters and bows to Rena while holding her skirt.

"Good evening, Rosy."

"Likewise, Madam Rena. I have some orders from Prince Levy. First of all, his majesty wants to thank you for the excellent report. Prince Levy noticed that the situation isn't as simple as it seems. He speculated that someone from Rodgof cooperated with the invaders, most likely someone with high authority. Investigations had confirmed that Noble Li, the man you got rid of, was a traitor that helped smuggled Haren across Elvis to Rodgof. Thus, stay in Rodgof longer to investigate and attend the banquet."

Rena raises her brow. "Banquet."

Rosy smiles and hands Rena an envelope with the Red Imperial Seal. "It's the Prince's birthday."

"...Alright, I will obey his royal order."

Rosy bows and turns around, reaching for the door.

"Wait...Ms Rosy, can you tell me about the situation with Elvis."

...

Rosy stares at the door not turning to see Rena. "Wild. It's not any more peaceful than Rodgof's west. Two cities fell to the demon's onslaught and the kingdom shifted all of their production and manpower for warfare. In addition, the king requested backup from Rodgof and Kistan...and..."

...

Rena sighs. "I see...thank you."

Rosy nods and leaves the room.

Rena can guess why the plea was rejected. Rodgof and Kistan are using Elvis as a defence for a time.

===============================================
3 days later at Haeru...
===============================================

Audrey enters Melissa's office and bows. Audrey then passes a short report to Melissa. 

Melissa flips through the report and stops at one particular page.

"Arsto..." she mumbles.

"Yes ma'am?" Audrey asks.

Melissa sighs and puts the document on the table, a page of the report is about Samuel's daily activities. Audrey notices the report and politely asks.