For The Lord(2)

In a room, surrounding a large table are representatives from different families and institutions in Pole Ridge.

Lia storms into the room and slams some documents on the paper.

"We lost contact with the Eagle Knights a few hours ago." Says Lia. She glances at Alure Isva, whose family is in charge of military affairs.

Alure shakes her head. "I've sent a small reconnaissance team as per your request. Our last contact was an hour ago when the entire team was wiped. They describe the mysterious attackers as crazy and powerful."

One seat in the meeting room is missing, the organisation responsible for distributing rations. Lia has ordered them to be detained for further investigation.

With the confirmation of an approaching threat to the city, Lia placed the city on lockdown. Normal people are evacuated into a shelter Military defence is fully deployed as they prepare for whatever is attacking. One million warriors surround the walls of Pole Ridge with a full barrage of mages and musketeers on the wall.

A dark eerie aura arises and surrounds the city.

"What is this?" Alure mumbles to herself.

She glances at Lia and notices Lia glaring at the energy. Lena is shivering from the familiar trauma, reminding her of the day Samuel "died".

"It's demonic mana," Lia says. "I didn't expect them to be so bold."

Many hooded individuals reveal their presence fearlessly, each leaving a trail of death on nature.

On Lia's command, artillery and ranged troops fire hell on the enemy. The demonic invaders rapidly dash towards the city. Their numbers are small compared to Pole Ridge's manpower.

Yet...

Most of them manage to endure or dodge the heavy firepower.

"Damn it! Fire again!" Lia shouts. "Warriors advance! Do not underestimate them!"

A constant barrage of power descends from the sky as the sea of fighters engages the darkness. 

A knight attempts to cut through one hooded demonic human who allows the blade to sink into his arm.

?!

The demonic human then grabs the knight by his throat. Using only grip strength, he crushes the knight's neck and blood bursts.

Another knight stabs through the demonic human but he seems unfazed. The demonic human grabs the arm of the attacker and twists it, the armour crumbles as the bone protrudes.

"ARGHH!!" 

He falls to the ground grasping his broken arm. The demonic attacker pulls out the blood and decapitates the injured knight. With an exhilarating smirk, he absorbs the life force of both victims.

The pleasure numbs any discomfort, further fueling the rampage.

Another knight rushes in and cuts the invader's arm off. The maniac looks at his new enemy with insatiable obsession. He dashes at the knight who swiftly cuts off his second arm. Still, his tenacity brings him to use his mouth, biting into the hand of the knight.

"What the fuck?! Get off!" The knight exclaims.

Another demonic human pierces his hand through the knight's chest. He dies together with the armless demonic human.

The narcotic nature of the demonic humans made every one of them relentless beasts. They easily make up for their numbers with insanity.

However, in a battlefield of chaos, the strong controls the tides of the battle. Alure and Aerin, both ruthless close-combat fighters of the Isva household, shred through the beasts and attain a better position while Kae provides bombarding support. With the lead of strong vanguards, the soldiers persevere in their formation.