For The Lord(3)

I glance at Lia, the wound on her forehead is emitting a purplish aura, spreading on her head.

"Are you alright?" I ask Lia.

She nods. "I can go on."

Demonic attacks such as black magic or demon sword techniques can inflict a status ailment on non-demonic enemies called "Corruption". Corruption will spread in the body and kill the victim when left alone for too long and can only be removed by being blessed with holy magic.

Thus, for a black mage, a demonic swordsman like me is their prime weakness. I can't reveal that to Lia. Thus, I cannot get hit even once.

I chase after the man retreating.

This man is Defoan Rudy, a minor villain of the game. He is a fallen noble who will do anything to attain power.

An ominous aura surrounds the area. Rudy summons his arsenal of undead.

!

They are no regular skeletons. I can see hundreds of undead with muscle ligaments, a type of evolution that permits undead speed and power. Secondly, at the back are the bestial undead and a Death Knight, a skeleton in eerie black armour with a large sword and the strongest in this mini army. Undead are best fought with holy and fire magic or blunt physical attacks.

"Kill him!" Rudy says, his remaining arm engulfed in many layers of black mana.

The legion of skeletons dives at me, dividing me from Rudy.

Hm?

In the game, Rena's attack on normal undead greatly spikes when she attains mana sense. I can see why now.

A chunk of mana is present at different spots in each undead, holding the entity together.

I approach the first skeleton and thrust through its torso, dissipating the mana chunk. As a result, the undead falls apart instantly.

Lia attempts to burn the skeletons to ashes and covers me from behind.

As I cut down the skeletons by striking their weak spot, I manoeuvre such that I stay at the boundary of the army to avoid being overwhelmed. If I do, Lia burns them.

Rudy recovers at the backline and occasionally joins the battle, sending several bombards of black magic. Three shots of black blobs fly towards me at high speed. I dodge them flawlessly and go back to slashing skeletons yet the number of skeletons does not seem to deplete.

Lia's expression grows pale as unknown to her, I am holding back my strength to obtain a crucial skill I need, taking advantage of the undead's obvious weak point.

-------------------
You have killed 200 undead in a row by striking their weakness.

You obtained the following skills:
-"Undead Weakness"

The player can identify the weaknesses of an undead.
-------------------

Good. Next, I invigorate my eyes using mana circulation and without much effort, I can see further and clearer. Enchanting time seems to slow its grace, luring me to every second of its rhythm.

-------------------
You obtained a skill:

-Eagle Eyes

The player's abnormal focus created momentarily time deceleration and incredible eyesight. This skill consumes mental power and 1000 mana per minute.
-------------------
-------------------
You are planning to fuse "Eagle Eye" and "Undead Weakness".

Are you sure you want to proceed?

[Yes][No]
-------------------
-------------------
Skills fused!

You obtained a skill:

-Weakness Finder

You can see any potential weakness of an opponent.
-------------------

I'm done!

With this, I can easily see every mana "core" of the Death Knight and bestial undead.

Rudy shivers. Something feels odd.

Suddenly, I pour an outburst of strength and rapidly charge through. Lia responds with a large flaming beam, clearing a path to the backlines.

"Good job!" I say to Lia and leap at the pack of skeletal wolves.

I focus mana on my eyes to attain "Eagle Eyes" once more and shatter through bones mercilessly.

A fearsome undead bear towers. With a guttural roar, the bear lunges at me, moving with unnerving swiftness for its size but it does not stop me.

Several strikes in a second to its torso destroy the chunk of mana and the bony leftover descends.

Seeing his forces diminishing, Rudy's desperation grew. He chants several dark tendrils that zap through the atmosphere. Many demonic energy spikes from beneath the ground accompanying the tendrils. Despite the chaotic barrage from every direction, I show little signs of exhaustion as I swiftly evade every ferocious strike.

One stomp of mine erects a piece of the ground, colliding with the last bash of energy.

*BOOM!*

As the dirt settled, I disappeared.

"Where-"

*CHING!*

Blades collide at Rudy's nape, a form of greeting from death. My attempt to behead Rudy was foiled by the Death Knight.

Rudy stumbles back when the Undead warrior pushes me away.

The Death Knight ready its stance, lifting its sword to one side, preparing for a one-on-one duel.

I sigh and rub my neck. "I'm tired..." I say.

A large aura bursts out and engulfs my sword. "I will end this quickly."

Ironically, the Death Knight sensed impending "death" from my spirit.

It takes the first move and leaps in, waving its blade down.

My eyes glow immensely bright. The slash was slow yet graceful as if I was watching foxtrot in a ballroom. The Death Knight was definitely a sword master in its mortal time.

*TING!*

One blink and I am behind the Death Knight. The Death Knight, the remnant of an enslaved master, was sliced into a diagonal two. The mana core within the armour violently escapes its vessel.

Unsure whether it was my imagination, the Death Knight thanked me before it disappeared into nothing but ashes.

Lia's jaws drop from a distance. Surrounding skeletons fade away into a similar fate.
"Rena...where did you find this man?" Lia mumbles to herself.

With the odds completely against Rudy, he attempts to escape.

I glance at Lia and let her kill Rudy.

"Damn it...my lord...I've failed you." was the burning Rudy's last words.

With Rudy's death, the black magic lifts and the repercussions strike the demonic invaders, allowing the defenders a fast victory.