013

After they landed on the shore, Hagrid organized them into a group and began leading them up to the castle

Clustered together, they made slow progress and eventually Aria and Blaise broke free of the group and walked behind them at a leisurely pace.

Once inside the castle, the first years were greeted by a formidable looking female professor, her hair pulled back stiffly into a bun, dressed in green robes, a pair of round owl glasses perched on her face.

"Welcome to Hogwarts." The witch whose name she came to know as McGonagall said in a stern voice, her speech about Hogwarts and how each and every house has its qualities making Aria hopeful about the next seven years.

She didn't 't understand why they have had to wait in front of the Great Hall. But she doesn't say anything and instead looks around.

The Harry Potter kid seemed to collect attention easily and was boasting about all of the things James Potter had told him before he'd come to the school.

Apparently the daft twit didn't want his son to be surprised by anything. And none of the other kids seemed put off by his attitude. Aria found herself mostly annoyed because it ruined the surprise that Sirius kept from her for a reason. Was James Potter the type of individual to boast about what he knew, to others? Probably.

Honestly, Harry was like the Light version of Draco Malfoy, really. Aria wondered if the Potters even realised that. It was strange that the Potters and Malfoys were at odds when so similar to each other.

The Malfoys apparently also had a past of getting rid of their non-magical offspring because of how 'embarrassing' they would be to the family name.

Before long, the first years were led into the great hall.

Aria stood frozen at the entrance for a moment. Her heart thumped madly as she surveyed the thousands of children sitting and chatting, happily greeting one another after the summer break.

Aria had never seen so many children in all her life, she'd been homeschooled at the tower for the most part.

The girl was suddenly more aware of her uncomfortable school robes. She stood, rooted to the spot.

"Come on." Blaise's voice suddenly brought her out of her trance, and nudged her to walk along the others.

"It's not real, the ceiling," Aria can hear from somewhere in front of them. "It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History."

"You and everyone who ever opened that damned book," Draco mutters under his breath, causing Aria to chuckle.

Before long, the sorting began, names getting called out one after another.

Aria noticed a pair of eyes on her, causing her to look over toward the professors' table, only for her eyes to clash with ones of the same shade.

James fucking Potter.