018

Professor Trelawney distributed the crystal balls to each student, explaining the basics of scrying and how to focus their intentions

Aria listened half-heartedly, exchanging amused glances with Blaise and rolling her eyes at Pansy's excitement. The crystal ball felt cool and smooth against her palms as she held it, unable to suppress a smirk.

Jokingly, Aria said, "Alright, crystal ball, show me the path to my future. I'm dying to know what lies ahead for me." She chuckled, expecting nothing more than a clear reflection of her own amused face.

But as she gazed into the crystal ball, a flicker of doubt crossed her mind. With a mix of curiosity and playful skepticism, she focused her attention, blue eyes narrowing when they fell on shadows starting to form into the magical object.

Suddenly, the vision within the crystal ball shifted. Aria's eyes widened as she saw a spider, its legs scuttling across the glass surface, casting a web of confusion. Before she could fully comprehend the meaning, the scene changed abruptly, a bite, then blood, and then she found herself witnessing a form swinging from buildings to buildings, a blur of movement and agility.

The image morphed once more, revealing a pair of piercing red eyes, burning with intensity and danger. A handsome figure emerged, his voice hissing in the ancient language of Parseltongue. Aria's heart raced, a mix of fascination and unease washing over her. What did these visions signify? Were they glimpses of potential paths or merely figments of her imagination?

And then, the crystal ball shifted one final time, unveiling an older version of Theo Nott in the library— and her...then a golden cup appeared, and a vulture man? then a gauntlet—

Before she could register what was happening, the visions abruptly disappeared, Aria finding herself back in the Astronomy Tower, her breathing slightly uneven. The playful skepticism that had filled the air moments ago now gave way to a sense of intrigue and confusion.

The brunette looked around her to see everyone having fun and pretending to see things in the ball.

Swallowing her skepticism, Aria shook her head, chuckling breathily at the absurdity of the ball. She was probably just not feeling good after having her belongings confiscated.

Speaking of, she was going to have to retrieve said things as soon as possible. Her dad was going to be waiting for her call.

For now, though, the girl let herself be pulled out of the tower by Pansy, images of red eyes that she could swear she had seen before flashing in the back of her mind.

The sun shone brightly in the clear sky as Aria Stark made her way to the Quidditch pitch for her first flying lesson. Mixed feelings swirled within her, for she knew James Potter would be instructing the class.