03 | Grimoire

━━━━━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━━━━

Amelia rushed behind the pair who walked upstairs. "Monsieur Noé, do you truly believe that the Book of Vanitas is real?" she asked.

The look in her eyes...it's as if she knows it's real.

The man only walked forward. "I don't know, but I did hear that it was sighted here in Paris, so I shall let that guide my way. It is imperative that I locate it," he said.
"Why so?" Y/N asked.
"My teacher told me about it. He said that it was an assignment of mine to travel, locate the book, and verify its authenticity. So you see, this trip is more of a necessity than a sightseeing pleasure," he replied sternly.
What would you do with it, though? You're a crimson moon vampire.

The three walked onto the next floor, brought to Amelia's attention as she fell, her breaths hitched as she shivered.
The [h/c] haired woman turned to her, opening her mouth to speak.

"Amelia, are you alright—"
"Don't 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 me! " she screamed, holding her neck as if it were some sort of a prevention mechanism.
Y/N's eyes widened, as she stepped back. Amelia practically slid back, standing back up, her hand still on her neck.
Her eyes...!

The lamposts' glass shattered, the room turning dark, as the cold air only fueled the eerie ambiance.

"Your eyes..." Noé began. "...they burn like those of a 𝔳𝔞𝔪𝔭𝔦𝔯𝔢..!" Y/N finished, a cautious look present on her expression.
Amelia's crimson eyes only refracted panic, fear, and nervousness.
"I...I..." She couldn't even form words due to the fear that had sprouted within her.

𝙲𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚞𝚗𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝...
𝙴𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚐𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚊 𝚏𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚍...
𝙿𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚑 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚙𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚍𝚐𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜...

Amelia opened her mouth, bare, sharp fangs ready to tear through Y/N's skin. It all went slow; Y/N jumped back a far distance, breathing steadily. She then turned her head to a glass pane which cracked.
Huh?

"𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐨𝐰!"

Glass shattered, a figure covered in a dark coat launching itself in blinding speed towards the brunette vampire.
Acting quickly, Noé dashed towards her and picked her up, distancing himself from the male who'd just appeared, his white hat having fallen off in the rush of saving the woman.

The black-haired male smirked, letting out a bitter laugh. "Or at least, I thought I had you."
The [h/c] haired woman took note of his features.
Dark, black hair, cerulean eyes that even seemed to glow in an inhuman way, fair skin, and a dark, billowing coat with a blue bowtie from which ribbons derived...