07 | Accursed

━━━━━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━━━━

It was only a matter of time until the circular shield of emanating violet energy synthesized and Y/N would no longer be able to hold it.

Her hands bled, a purple, circular, clockwork patterned mark stretched through her hand. But Jeanne was ready, and no one was stopping her.

She ran forward, gauntlet in hand as she grasped the translucent shield. The shield began to crack, and Y/N knew it was pointless to try and stop her.

She made a break for it, running down the streets until she turned left, seeing Vanitas and Noé still running.
"Vanitas!" she screamed, gaining the doctor's attention. "I don't think I'm going to make it on time, Jeanne's breaking the shield and I'm not able to heal yet!"

Vanitas got the message, the vampire beside him a tad bit confused. He then saw Y/N, who dashed towards them, her hand releasing a purple gas that spread across the field.

She stopped, dropping down to her knees, breathing heavily. Her eyes were a dark purple, no longer glowing as they slowly shifted back to their original [e/c] hue.

Her body gained a violet light, the gas growing thicker with each passing second. She heard the bourreau run in her direction, her enraged aura emanating.

A bitter laugh left the [h/c] haired woman's lips, as she took a look at the gauntlet. Life always seemed to find something to throw at her, didn't it?

Looking at the palm of her hand, which had grown dark with purple curves and patterns that swirled within, she sighed.

"The mark's growing, huh?" she murmured. With the strength that remained within her, she formed another shield.

A form ran towards her from behind, seeing her disheveled form. "Y/N! Are you alright?!" Noé said, looking at the female, whose eyes were dull, her neck and arms with purple markings all over.

She shook her head no, facing the front, seeing Jeanne grasping the shield, cracking it. "I'll carry you out of here, I promise, we'll be safe," the vampire muttered, picking up the woman, as he dashed immediately out of the warzone.

Jeanne grunted as her gauntlet fueled with crimson, fiery energy, the shield wasting away. Noé huffed, purple gas emitting from Y/N, as she fell asleep, her [e/c] eyes shutting tight.

The gas grew thick and foggy, making their escape a smooth one. Once they were far from the bourreau, the vampire sighed sharply.

He had to find Vanitas, but at least they were safe for the moment.

"I promise you, I'll protect you."

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗
  𝐸𝒱𝐸𝒩𝒯𝒰𝒜𝐿𝐿𝒴
╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝