06 | Hellfire

━━━━━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━━━━

The three exited the room, Vanitas wearing a proud smirk. "I knew you'd come around and help me!" he said.

Annoyed and fed up with the doctor's behavior, Noé walked up to him, grabbing him by the collar. "Let me make this abundantly clear—I am not helping you, you are helping me!" he said, anger present in his expression.

The doctor made no comment until the vampire walked away. He then burst into a fit of laughter as he rushed to his side. "My, the longer I know you the more amusing you are!" he said in a carefree manner.

Y/N sighed, arms crossed behind her neck as she joined the pair. "Why is it you argue with every person you come across, Vanitas?" she asked.
"Because why not? It's all part of the thrill, if you get me," Vanitas replied. Part of the thrill, huh?

The woman let out a sharp sigh in response, walking down the circular staircase. "Actually, I have a question, Y/N," the doctor said.
"What is it?" she replied, not bothering to face the man. "What was the Pink Feast? You mentioned it in front of Orlok, and it seemed to trigger something," he said.

"The Pink Feast has nothing to do with you. It was an event of the past relating to my clan and that of the Crimson Moon's clan. Don't get involved with it," the woman answered.
"Noé, do you know anything about it?" Vanitas asked.

"No, and I couldn't care less right now, Amelia is in danger of being executed and I will not let her die at the hands of a bourreau," the vampire responded.

The doctor sighed in displeasure. "Do you even know where you're going?" he asked. "No, I do not, but we might as well start somewhere, right?" Noé stated, opening the doors to leave the gallery.

"Yo!" a familiar redhead said from afar, a small mechanical bat flying over and landing on his shoulder.
"Dante!" Vanitas said. "Yeah," the man replied.

"Heartless cad—you left Amelia Ruth all on her own to save your own worthless skin!" Vanitas said, arguing with the redhead.
"Hey! We had a very specific agreement, and at no point was there any stipulation about protecting the target. You don't get what you don't pay for," Dante replied.

"Heartless and greedy!" Vanitas retorted. "Shut your mouth, you quack!" Dante spat. Vanitas let out a heavy sigh, as he turned to face both Noé and Y/N, who stood behind confused.

"Let me introduce you to this guy. This ruffian is an information peddler I often use. His name is Dante. I thought he was just some guy who traded information at the price of money, but I learned he'll do just about anything to get his hands on money," Vanitas introduced.