08 | Malice

━━━━━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━━━━

...What.

Y/N was...paralyzed, and not exactly sure what to do. Hell, if she knew that Vanitas's plan was to do this from the start, she would've talked him out of it and probably sacrificed herself in the process, because if she knew this would happen, like hell she'd allow it.

But now? Now she was just stunned.
She had no idea how to react.

Meanwhile, Dante was caught up in a fit of coughs, utterly shocked by the doctor's sudden move and Noé practically stopped functioning mentally alongside Luca, who was processing just what was occurring in front of him.

Jeanne's quiet whines and muffled moans resonated, tears pricking her eyes, her failed attempts to free herself from Vanitas's grip being quite a strange sight, to say the least.
Her face grew redder by the second, and she could practically feel the smirk that curved on the corners of the doctor's lips, their exchange of affection being a puzzling picture to the surrounding audience.

Y/N observed the rather...intimate moment shared between the two that stood not far from them, and she walked towards Dante.
"Does he always do that to solve all his problems or something?" she whispered, cringing at the scene. Dante face-palmed, groaning as he looked at her.
"No, he doesn't. Still, of all people, he went for the bourreau! Lord Ruthven's bourreau! That lunatic has lost his mind!" he muttered.

Releasing his grip on the bourreau partially, Vanitas stared at Jeanne, who practically collapsed, gasping and breathing heavily, her face tainted a crimson shade.

A breathy chuckle left Vanitas before he licked his lips, staring down at the form of the woman who'd lost her composure. "That sight just makes me want you even more, Jeanne...!"
The vampire was breathless, her eyes wide, and she was nothing more than a stuttering, blushing mess.

Whilst the unordinary proclamation of so-called love left out of Vanitas's mouth as if it were the last time he'd ever see the woman, Y/N headed towards the other Dhampirs, who were just about as puzzled as she was.

"So," she began, trying to make an attempt to start a conversation. "Who are you?" she says, trying to ignore the surprisingly loud voice of the doctor, which gets more irritating by the second.

A silver-haired damphir steps up first, smiling awkwardly. "I'm Johann," he smiles. "Behind me is Riche." Y/N nods, staring at the brunette behind him, who waves shyly. "I presume you're already familiar with Dante?" Johann asks, relaxing.
"Family," the [h/c] haired woman says sarcastically with her hand at her hips, rolling her eyes while a smile curves at her lips, the redhead turning over and playfully slapping her shoulder.