Ch. V

Okay, I lied. I couldn't wait two weeks to upload again lol. Im really enjoying this book just as much as y'all lol. Enjoy! 🩷

Aliyah
July 20, 2022

"Thank you for coming with me." I said to Delilah as we sat in the room waiting for my doctor to to come in.

"Of course. I told you I was going to and I'm not going to let you go through this alone, no matter who the dad is." She said. I nodded as I started bouncing my leg up and down. "If it's Kendrick's, are you going to tell him?" She asked. I bit my lip and nodded.

"Even though I don't want to, I am. It's his child just as much as it's mine. But if it is his, I will make it very clear to him that just because we're having a kid together doesn't mean we need to be together nor will we get back together." I said. She nodded.

"I get that. Me personally, I wouldn't tell him shit. But you're better than me, so there's that." She said. I laughed as she smiled. "What about the other guy? Did you at least get his number? And would you tell him?" She asked. I nodded.

"So I didn't get his number the night we met and when I woke up the next day he was gone. But I ran into him at the store yesterday before you guys came over and we exchanged numbers then. I will tell him if it's his." I said.

"Who do you hope is the dad?" She asked.

"It's gonna sound weird because I don't know him at all, but most definitely Marcus. That's his name. I just don't want anything to do with Kendrick anymore, I meant it when I told him I was done with him. Having a baby by him will only make me depressed, and I feel like he would make it so hard for us to try to coparent. That's a headache that I just want no parts of." I said as I shook my head.

"If you want him to disappear for good just say the word. I keep telling you that." She said. I laughed as I nodded.

"I didn't forget." I joked just as there was a knock on the door.

"Hello Ms. Alani, how are you sweetheart?" My doctor asked when she walked in the room. I smiled as I sat up.

"I'm good how are you? This is my best friend Delilah." I introduced them. She smiled as she shook her hand before going to wash her hands.

"It's nice to meet you sweetie." She said. "So based off of the notes in the system from the medical assistant, you think you're pregnant." She said as she read over the notes. I nodded.

"Yes ma'am. I had some friends over last night and the smell of tequila when I put the glass to my lips made me throw up, and it usually doesn't. Then, one of my friends mentioned being on her period, and it made me stop and think about the last time I got mine which was back on June third. I went and bought six tests and they all said positive so I just want to confirm if I am or not, and if I am I want to know when the date of conception could have occurred." I said. She nodded as she typed what I just told her in the computer.

"Okay, we'll let's see. Let's do an ultrasound just to be sure. So go ahead and lay back for me." She said. I nodded as I laid back on the table and lifted my shirt up. She washed her hands again before squirting some gel on my stomach before grabbing the doppler. She moved it around on my stomach before she turned the screen towards me. "Well a congratulations is in order. You are indeed pregnant." She said as she smiled. My mouth opened in shock as Delilah gasped.